ARM released a new chip design this week that should bring a burst of performance to low-cost smartphones aimed at fast-growing markets like China, India and Brazil.
Vodafone and the Garvan Institute of Medical Research have partnered in an attempt boost cancer research using Australian smartphones while their users sleep.
Qualcomm says its chips will start appearing in devices next year
A new generation of SatSleeve models means mobile users in regional Australia can have 100% coverage where line of sight to the Optus Thuraya satellite exists, according to Optus.
Popular Chinese smartphone company Oppo is gaining traction in Australia as its phones are sold in almost 1000 retail properties.
The typically tight-lipped leader shares his passion for Project Loon and building the new Alphabet into a company that is entrepreneur-friendly.
The two operating systems will no longer exist as separate entities.
OnePlus also hopes to show its design prowess with this new phone by introducing a new black glass and metal aesthetic.
Huawei consumer business group has revealed its performance results for the third quarter of 2015, indicating steady growth in smartphone shipments. The company said, in a statement, that mid-to-high-end devices accounted for 33 per cent of those shi...
Vodafone has cut the ribbon on its first business centre in New South Wales. The new store, in Parramatta, showcases the company’s business plans, mobile devices and machine-to-machine (M2M) solutions.
Australians will be able to get their hands on Apple's digital wallet, Apple Pay, this year, the company has revealed.
The first smartphones to run Google’s Android 6.0 go on sale at major Australian carriers and retailers next week.
Struggling HTC is looking to win back burned customers with the prompt unveiling of the One A9, a revised flagship that follows the disappointing M9 seven months later.
Kogan has invested the last two years into developing a partnership with Vodafone in an effort to resurrect its mobile business.
The biggest changes aren't here yet, but you can get your hands on an APK that brings copy and paste for changelogs and app descriptions.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- 34 per cent of global online transactions made mobile: Adyen
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Windows Phone can now work on smartphones with Intel x86 chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW