Intel's Atom processor architecture will live on despite the recent cancellation of next-generation smartphone chips.
Smartphones - News
A strong camera upgrade and support for the latest charging standard could help Samsung's next phablet stand out.
Future smartphones may no longer need a dedicated button for unlocking the device or performing other actions with a fingerprint.
"New vendors would be well-advised not to rest on their laurels..."
Telstra will commit $50 million on new measures to reduce the likelihood of further disruptions to its mobile network following a series of outages earlier this year.
A new report from IDC tracks the tablet's ongoing decline, while detachable tablets like Microsoft's Surface rise in popularity. Now smartphone vendors are getting into the act, applying their mobile acumen to compete with PC vendors.
Virtual reality was the star of the show when Samsung executives took the stage this week at its annual developer conference.
There's also interest brewing in the tablet space, as the Nexus 9 has disappeared from the Google Store.
The global smartphone market saw its first year-on-year decline in the first quarter, with both Samsung Electronics and Apple shipping fewer phones, according to a research firm.
AMD is licensing its x86 chip architecture to a new joint venture it has formed with a consortium of Chinese companies.
This could be a sign that Google's beta build of Android could come to more non-Nexus devices.
It seems no flagship phone line is complete without some type of pink option.
Microsoft's new patent filing envisions a trackpoint with an embedded fingerprint sensor, enabling Windows Hello in mobile devices.
The update also makes several interface improvements, though it's only for Nexus devices.
Which battery case should you get? Watch as we review Apple’s ergonomic Smart Battery Case, Mophie’s more affordable Juice Pack Reserve, and Kuke’s battery case with external storage options.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung details 8-point battery safety check for all new devices
- Samsung blames batteries from two makers for Note7 explosions
- Low-end Android phones could get VR with new Imagination GPU
- Android device updates: the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are finally getting Nougat
- HTC's U Ultra flagship attacks the high end with a glass back, an AI companion, and a second screen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- FTScrum MasterQLD
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- FTTechnology Testing Co-ordinatorVIC
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- TPSharePoint DeveloperVIC
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD