Two years ago almost nobody had heard of Android. Now it's nearly ubiquitous among smartphone users, and it's on track to become the most popular mobile operating system in the United States. When it comes to business use, though, Android still has s...
Smartphones - News
Microsoft claims its Windows Phone 7 (WP7) smartphones help users get more done in fewer steps than do rival phones.
As the CEOs from Google, Microsoft, Nokia and Research In Motion (RIM) get set to take the stage at Mobile World Congress in February, the mobile OSes war looks set to get even tougher.
The Symbian Foundation, which recently lost its respected executive director and the backing of two major phone makers, is getting a much-needed boost through a European Commission-sponsored project.
The iPhone leads the pack when it comes to using the Web over mobile devices, according to a new study released today by Informa Telecoms &amp; Media.
According to data released by Google Tuesday, 36 per cent of Android users are running the 2.2 (Froyo) version of the mobile operating system while 41 per cent are running the 2.1 (Éclair) version of the software. Earlier versions of Android, such a...
The shiny new iOS 4.2 Golden Master was seeded to developers yesterday.
Apple has seeded the iOS 4.2 Gold Master to developers, which means the software is ready to hit iPhones and iPads everywhere any time now. iOS 4.2 brings several enhancements to iPad users, but iPhone users will also see some improvements. Apple see...
The Android army may soon claim Research In Motion's BlackBerry as its first victim in the smartphone war.
Lookout Mobile Security will soon start selling a premium version of its smartphone security software that includes new privacy and backup and restore features.
The HTC Desire was launched recently at a late afternoon BBQ event at Star City’s Astral restaurant. In September, Vodafone Hutchinson Australia (VHA), the umbrella company for Vodafone and 3 retail franchises, revealed it had nabbed exclusive rig...
Hewlett-Packard plans to sell the unlocked version of its Palm Pre 2 to small businesses as well as to mobile application developers.
This is the story of a cloud and its silver lining.
Apple's patent lawsuit against Motorola is just another thread in a rather complicated litigation web, but it's also unique for busting out multi-touch, a hallmark feature of modern smartphones.
Popularity of the Google Android mobile operating system is showing no signs of slowing down, with the OS being found in 44 per cent of smartphones purchased during Q3.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
- New Windows 10 preview adds an iPhone Live Photos rival, Windows Ink improvements
- The Note7 will cost Samsung another US$3 billion in profit
- Google Phone app 5.1 adds in new gestures and interface tweaks
- Some reports of faulty Note7s invalidated
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCContract Senior IT Assistant (Lotus Notes) 161101/SITA/571Asia
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | Django | Python | AWS | PostgreSQL | North Sydney NSW
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW