While Apple has major momentum in the mobile application developer space, there is room for other companies to steal Apple's thunder, according to an analyst report released earlier this month.
Smartphones - News
Motorola is set to ratchet up the competition in Australia for high-end smartphones based on version 2.2 (Froyo) of the Android operating system, announcing today that its latest Milestone 2 device would be available through Vodafone and Optus in Dec...
The HTC DH7, one of the first smartphones featuring the Windows Phone 7 OS, has sold out, one day after its release. This instantaneous success can be credited either to HTC's impressive track list of making great smartphones or the public's strong i...
Microsoft sued Motorola on Tuesday in a Washington court, alleging that Motorola is refusing to license patents on a reasonable basis, as it promised during standards-setting processes.
If you’ve found yourself playing catch-up on Google Android, here’s a selection of resources from Network World and our sister publications to get you up to speed quickly.
Samsung has sold three million Galaxy S series smartphones in the United States since the phones were introduced in July, according to a Reuters report. The company adopted a multicarrier strategy and has slight variations of the phone on all four ma...
A security researcher is asserting that Apple has made a poor security decision by allowing its Safari browser to honor requests from third-party applications to perform actions such as making a phone call without warning a user.
Opera Software has released its Mobile 10.1 beta for Android, joining the battle for browser supremacy on Android-based smartphones.
The other night, I was using the Netflix app on my iPhone 4 and had a shocking revelation: this is one of the worst designed, "professional" apps I've ever seen. Yes, I can stream video over 3G. I can search for movies and manage my queue. In most ar...
As the first U.S. Windows Phone 7 handsets go on sale Monday, Nov. 8, Microsoft shrewdly has created an application environment that will make the phones instantly useable for many of the e-mail, social networking, photo, video and work tasks people ...
As expected, Windows Phone 7 doesn't have a lot of apps at launch, but new data suggests the count is growing quickly.
Many businesses will not be able to support Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 operating system, which began shipping in the U.S. today. Like the competing Google Android, Windows Phone 7 does not support on-device encryption to protect data stored on it. M...
As of today, the first of the Windows Phone 7 smartphones are available from T-Mobile and AT&T. The launch of Windows Phone 7 is the result of a complete reboot of Microsoft's mobile OS and kicks off its attempt to regain relevance in the very co...
We've selected the most informative apps for [[xref:http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/index.cfm?ReviewID=104784|Google Android|Google Android review - PC Advisor]], [[xref:http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/blackberry/|BlackBerry|PC Advisor]] and [[xref:htt...
It's easy to forget that not so long ago, no one was sure if Android would ever be relevant.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google releases Android 7.1.1 images for Pixel and Nexus devices
- Lenovo promises 12 new Moto Mod add-ons per year
- The Samsung Galaxy Note7's extreme thinness may be behind battery explosions
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- What happens when you send a text message to a landline telephone?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDeveloper - Tag managementNSW
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTJunior Business Analyst Permanent North SydneyNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Project EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Projects Engineer | Systems Integration and IT Managed ServicesNSW
- CCFinancial AnalystACT
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- CCMobile Application DeveloperQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- CCSAP HR/Payroll Training Manager / Instructional DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Network ConsultantVIC
- CCSecurity Administrator - CheckpointVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst-Shared Service Contact Centre or Call CentreNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationOther
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).VIC
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- FTSecurity EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW