Motorola is asking a court to invalidate 12 Apple patents, even though Apple hasn't accused Motorola of infringing them.
Wrist-mounted displays have long been the stuff of legend in science fiction. Whether it’s the Pip-Boy 3000 from Fallout 3 or Dick Tracy’s multifunction watch, the idea of having information within arms’ reach is very appealing. Thanks to new techn...
Apple on Monday reported a rise in revenue and profits for its fourth fiscal quarter of 2010 behind strong iPad and iPhone sales.
Skype has tied up with one of Japan's largest telecommunications companies in a deal that will see its Internet telephony service offered on cell phones and to broadband, fixed line and cable TV customers.
Although the iPhone has a lot of admirers, it's possible to critique a smartphone without making it seems as if we are destined to default automatically to the iPhone and only one other rival platform. There should be enough room for more than two pl...
Apple's iTunes software offers a great way to manage the media content you'd like to get on and off of your iPhone, most of the time. But there are times when you may not want to use iTunes to transfer files to and from your iPhone -- like when you'r...
Sony Ericsson announced today that it's cutting the cord with the Symbian operating system, a move that may put the platform on life support. Sony Ericsson's withdrawal of support for the mobile OS means that the only major player left building phone...
Nokia and Motorola have entered into a license agreement, which covers patents related to 4G cellular technologies such as LTE (Long-Term Evolution), WiMax and LTE-Advanced, the two companies announced on Friday.
Apple's iPhone 4 is "significantly more prone to physical damage" than last year's iPhone 3GS, a company that provides after-sale warranties said today.
Sony Ericsson reported a profit for the third consecutive quarter as the company's Android-based smartphones continue to help it turn around its fortunes.
Apple's new anti-"sexting" patent was approved this week and despite the uproar, it may make perfect sense for businesses scared of sexual harassment lawsuits or just wanting to keep a closer eye on employee shenanigans.
You wouldn't normally associate aircraft-grade aluminium, anodised stainless steel finishes, and designs milled out of a single block of billet aluminium with a mobile phone case, but that's exactly what is on offer with three of the latest iPhone 4 ...
Optus today launched a new prepaid mobile offer, Optus Dollar Days, touting daily flexibility for customers as a key benefit.
Ever since it unveiled the new mobile OS in February, Microsoft has been cagey on whether its new Windows Phone 7 would support direct synchronization with Apple's Macintosh computers. Now a spokeswoman confirms that Microsoft will offer a Mac OS X t...
ZTE, one of China's largest network and phone suppliers, has unveiled a new tablet device that includes phone functionality and runs on the Android 2.1 OS.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Samsung files artificial muscle patent for use in flexible smartphones
- The affordable new Moto E grows in size, but not price
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 821 is now the company's fastest mobile chip
- Snapchat launches Memories so you can save and search for past stories
- RIP: The BlackBerry Classic and its iconic keyboard is dead
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCSenior Back-end .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW