Android’s growing success as a smartphone operating system is bringing a long-simmering problem to light: A lot of Android applications are being pirated. The openness of the platform has made it easy for people to steal applications without paying f...
A recent test of prototype security code for Android phones found that 15 of 30 free Android Market applications sent users' private information to remote advertising servers, without the users being aware of what was being sent or to whom. In some c...
It looks like we'll finally be seeing an official Google Voice App for the iPhone in the App Store. TechCrunch reports that not only should we expect to see the official app in the App Store soon, but that it's already been approved by the higher-ups...
Amazon is said to be readying an Android app store and tablet, a move that should boost Google's mobile platform while also challenging Google's own Android Market.
Mobile application development tools vendor Rhomobile plans to unveil on Wednesday an extension to its software-as-a-service platform that will enable developers to build applications for Apple's iPhone via a Windows PC.
RIM unveiled its new PlayBook in San Francisco Monday to mixed reviews and several unanswered questions.
When I'm on the road, there are few tools in my arsenal that I value more than video chat. But as much as I love it for boosting communication with colleagues during the day and saying goodnight to my kids at bedtime, managing the current mess of dis...
The Apple Peel 520, a Chinese-developed product that drew the media's attention for being able to turn an iPod Touch into an iPhone-like device, is coming to America.
Sony Ericsson has unveiled a remote control with a 1.3-inch screen that will allow Android smartphone users to view Facebook and Twitter updates and control their phone's music player.
Nokia's market share in India dropped to 36 percent in the second quarter from 56 percent in the same period last year, reflecting the growing share of Chinese and Indian vendors of low-end mobile phones, according to research firm IDC India.
Writing applications for devices like tablets and smartphones could become more challenging as CPUs and hardware accelerators are added to mobile chips, experts agreed at a processor conference on Monday.
HTC has partnered with Optus to launch its latest Android smartphone in Australia, the HTC Aria.
IT shops push BlackBerry smartphones on workers for added security, but a new survey shows that workers are less likely to be highly satisfied with them, compared with phones that the users choose themselves.
More developers are actively engaged in creating iPhone and iPad apps than apps for other mobile platforms today, but a new survey from Appcelerator indicates the momentum is shifting.
A majority of mobile application developers see Google's Android as the smart bet over the long run even as they vote for Apple's iOS in the short term, according to a survey published Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- 7 smartphone trends to watch this year
- As 5G approaches, 3G and 4G are still getting faster
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW