Apple's new anti-"sexting" patent was approved this week and despite the uproar, it may make perfect sense for businesses scared of sexual harassment lawsuits or just wanting to keep a closer eye on employee shenanigans.
You wouldn't normally associate aircraft-grade aluminium, anodised stainless steel finishes, and designs milled out of a single block of billet aluminium with a mobile phone case, but that's exactly what is on offer with three of the latest iPhone 4 ...
Optus today launched a new prepaid mobile offer, Optus Dollar Days, touting daily flexibility for customers as a key benefit.
Ever since it unveiled the new mobile OS in February, Microsoft has been cagey on whether its new Windows Phone 7 would support direct synchronization with Apple's Macintosh computers. Now a spokeswoman confirms that Microsoft will offer a Mac OS X t...
ZTE, one of China's largest network and phone suppliers, has unveiled a new tablet device that includes phone functionality and runs on the Android 2.1 OS.
With all the features of Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 now out in the open -- along with details about the handsets available on AT&T and T-Mobile here in the U.S. -- comparing the new mobile platform to Apple's iOS 4 is a natural. The long-running deb...
Opera Software will release the mobile version of its browser for Android-based smartphones within a month, the Norwegian company said in a blog post on Thursday.
The MeeGo project is getting ready to release version 1.1 of the operating system, which should allow developers to start working on applications for smartphones, according to a Wednesday blog post.
If you can't say something in 160 characters or less, don't say anything.
By all accounts, I am a BlackBerry "power user."
It looks like Steve Jobs' dream of family-friendly technology might just come true. On Tuesday an Apple patent for an "anti-sexting" device was approved by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Android 2.2, or "Froyo," may still be in the process of rolling out to users, but Google is already hard at work on "Gingerbread," the upcoming version of the mobile operating system that most expect to be numbered 3.0.
After a UK exec spilled the beans, Microsoft officially announced that it will be releasing a tool to allow phones running its Windows Phone 7 software to sync some content with Apple Macintosh computers. The official announcement lacked the promise ...
It's not the most likely scenario, but if you own a Mac and have a Windows Phone 7 smartphone you can sync data between the two. Microsoft said in a statement to Engadget "later in 2010" Mac users will get a software tool to sync their computers wit...
The recession in 2009 led to a small reduction in Bluetooth devices shipped globally, but upcoming low-energy Bluetooth devices will trigger renewed growth in those short-distance wireless devices, especially for phones and industrial and medical gea...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on: Google Assistant's Allo chatbot outdoes Cortana, Siri as your digital pal
- HTC announces the Desire 10 Pro and Desire 10 Lifestyle smartphones
- Report: Samsung's overzealous efforts to beat Apple lead to battery woes
- The iPhone 7's sleeper hit feature is its display
- Settings in iOS 10: Every notable change you need to know
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTTest SpecialistSA