Android phones will soon become a lot more suitable for business, as important control features come to Google Apps.
Smartphones - News
Motorola reported growth in sales and profit for the third quarter, helped by the sale of an increasing number of Android-based smartphones, the company said on Thursday.
Opera has made a beta version of its mobile browser, Opera Mini 5.1, available for mobile phones running the Symbian S60 platform.
Just in time for Halloween weekend, developer Rovio announced this morning that its sold a million downloads of Angry Birds Halloween in just six days on the App Store.
Defending its sources as "multiple" and "trusted," tech blog Engadget's gone on the defensive, claiming the PlayStation Phone is indeed real and citing a few scoops they got right. Of course they won't tell you about the ones they got wrong, but then...
Apple is delaying availability of its white iPhone until Spring 2011, nearly 6 months after it promised consumers they would be able to purchase the mythical device.
Motorola has launched a device-management software platform aimed at IT managers that works with a variety of brands, but excludes Research In Motion devices like the BlackBerry.
The conventional wisdom is that enterprises aren't impressed by Apple's shiny iDevices, perceiving them as a consumer play. Is that a fair assessment? And if so, could it change in the foreseeable future? Let's take a look, in The Long View ...
Engadget has released new images of the rumoured PlayStation Phone, which attempts to take portable gaming down the Apple iPhone route.
Six months after Google first released the 2.2 or 'Froyo' version of its mobile operating system, HTC has made the update available to Australian owners of its flagship HTC Desire handset – through its website, if not directly over the air.
A bug in Apple's iPhone OS gives thieves a way to unlock stolen iPhones and make telephone calls.
At the PayPal X Developer Conference keynote today, PayPal revealed a new partnership which could fundamentally change mobile commerce. PayPal -- arguably the most recognized name in online finance -- is teaming up with Appcelerator -- the second lar...
Taiwanese mobile phone manufacturer HTC announced yesterday that its hotly anticipated Desire HD smartphone, the successor to the HTC Desire, will be available from early November exclusively through VHA (Vodafone Hutchison Australia).
With still two weeks before Windows Phone handsets go on sale, the Windows Phone Marketplace has already reached 1,000 applications and games, according to some brief blog reports.
Juniper this week unveiled software, based on its recent purchase of sMobile, to protect mobile devices from security threats.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- What happens when you send a text message to a landline telephone?
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Motorola looks to pair Moto Z for a dance with Tango
- Google may be testing out a new card-based layout for the Play Store
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumor roundup: Here's everything we know so far
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Project EngineerNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP BPC Consultant - MelbourneNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCIT Systems AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- CCLevel 1/2 IT Service Desk OfficerQLD
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- FTHead - Project Delivery / Project Delivery DirectorACT
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramVIC
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTGraduate DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - ProcurementNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer - C/C++NSW
- CCMid Level .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC