Just days after Microsoft sued Motorola for infringing its patents with Android phones, the two companies are now saying they might work together to build a smartphone based on the upcoming Windows Phone 7 OS. On October 11 Microsoft will unveil the ...
Apple's iPhone 4 and iPad made up about half of new activations of mobile devices among businesses during the last three months, while Android smartphones again gained more marketshare, according to two new studies.
Citrix has developed Project GoldenGate, a prototype e-mail application for smartphones and tablets that can secure e-mails based on location and adapt the user interface depending on the device.
Some wireless application developers are hesitant about next week's launch of Windows Phone 7 devices, preferring to wait and see how the phones sell before investing big in the platform.
Apple's iOS and Google's Android OS dominate the new non-BlackBerry installations in enterprises across the globe between July and September 2010, according to Good Technology's tally of what the mobility management vendor's customers are deploying. ...
To paraphrase American author Mark Twain, the rumors of the death of WebOS have been greatly exaggerated. An HP executive has confirmed that new WebOS smartphones will be introduced by HP in early 2011.
Mobile operating systems will be key to changing the way enterprises work, AT&T's chief of mobility said on Wednesday.
Motorola has filed two patent lawsuits and a patent complaint with the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) alleging that a wide range of Apple products infringe its patents.
The last time Nielsen declared Android to be the most popular smartphone operating system in the United States, Google's victory was incomplete. Apple hadn't launched the iPhone 4 yet, and sales were bound to spike in the months that followed.
Skype on Tuesday launched Skype for Android, its version of the VoIP software for all phones running on the Google Android operating system. The app, which had been exclusive to Verizon phones, is now available in the Android Market for any Android p...
New statistics from Nielsen show that smartphone buyers in the United States are favoring the Android platform. With that trend, Android continues to gain on Apple iOS and RIM BlackBerry in overall market share, and is on a trajectory to become the l...
Intel is developing a tool that will make it easier for developers to port iPhone applications to Intel-based smartphones, tablets and other devices, a company executive said Tuesday.
Symantec today announced that its mobile device management software now supports Apple iOS and Google Android, via Microsoft's Enterprise ActiveSync protocol, which both platforms support. The release is part of an expanded push by the security vendo...
Android is the most popular mobile operating system among consumers who bought a smartphone in the past six months, according to new research from Nielsen.
Google has made a sweeping request that a court throw out the copyright- and patent-infringement lawsuit filed in August by Oracle over Java use in Android, a popular, open-source mobile-phone platform created by Google.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google is building its own smartphone, report says
- Report: HTC-built Nexus 'Sailfish' leaks reveal the undercard in the next Nexus lineup
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
- Rumor check: Everything we think we know about the Galaxy Note 7
- Windows 10 phones finally gain NFC payment support as Wallet 2.0 rolls out in preview
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCProject DirectorWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCSpatial DeveloperQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC