Apple's iOS and Google's Android OS dominate the new non-BlackBerry installations in enterprises across the globe between July and September 2010, according to Good Technology's tally of what the mobility management vendor's customers are deploying. ...
To paraphrase American author Mark Twain, the rumors of the death of WebOS have been greatly exaggerated. An HP executive has confirmed that new WebOS smartphones will be introduced by HP in early 2011.
Mobile operating systems will be key to changing the way enterprises work, AT&T's chief of mobility said on Wednesday.
Motorola has filed two patent lawsuits and a patent complaint with the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) alleging that a wide range of Apple products infringe its patents.
The last time Nielsen declared Android to be the most popular smartphone operating system in the United States, Google's victory was incomplete. Apple hadn't launched the iPhone 4 yet, and sales were bound to spike in the months that followed.
Skype on Tuesday launched Skype for Android, its version of the VoIP software for all phones running on the Google Android operating system. The app, which had been exclusive to Verizon phones, is now available in the Android Market for any Android p...
New statistics from Nielsen show that smartphone buyers in the United States are favoring the Android platform. With that trend, Android continues to gain on Apple iOS and RIM BlackBerry in overall market share, and is on a trajectory to become the l...
Intel is developing a tool that will make it easier for developers to port iPhone applications to Intel-based smartphones, tablets and other devices, a company executive said Tuesday.
Symantec today announced that its mobile device management software now supports Apple iOS and Google Android, via Microsoft's Enterprise ActiveSync protocol, which both platforms support. The release is part of an expanded push by the security vendo...
Android is the most popular mobile operating system among consumers who bought a smartphone in the past six months, according to new research from Nielsen.
Google has made a sweeping request that a court throw out the copyright- and patent-infringement lawsuit filed in August by Oracle over Java use in Android, a popular, open-source mobile-phone platform created by Google.
Android smartphone owners can now download a free Skype client from the Android Market that will let them make voice calls over mobile data or Wi-Fi connections -- except in the U.S., where it will work over Wi-Fi only.
Australia's biggest telco Telstra has flagged plans to launch its own Android-based handheld tablet device into the midst of a market which is about to explode with options from Apple, Samsung, Dell and more.
Telstra has launched its Pre-Paid Mobile Wi-Fi modem, which will compete with Vodafone's Pocket WiFi modem and Virgin Mobile's Wi-Fi modem.
Microsoft and Telstra have scheduled in a ritzy Sydney launch next Tuesday morning to unveil their mutual plans to start selling phones with the software giant's Windows Phone 7 platform.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple could stick a Digital Crown on the iPhone
- Blackberry announces DETK50, a secure US$299 Android phone
- Samsung files artificial muscle patent for use in flexible smartphones
- The affordable new Moto E grows in size, but not price
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 821 is now the company's fastest mobile chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTIdentity Systems Analyst / Solution DesignerACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCHR Contractor Retail ProjectVIC