MacRumors reported today a security flaw in iOS 4.1 that would allow someone to bypass the 4-digit passcode lock in order to access the Phone app. While the home screen and other apps appear to remain secure, access to the Phone app is no small prize...
Smartphones - News
Google announced that its mobile applications store Android Market has hit the 100,000 apps milestone, surpassing competing stores from BlackBerry, Nokia or Palm. However, Android Market is only the number two app store around: Apple's App Store host...
The fight is on for wireless device-to-device networking supremacy between a refreshed incumbent, Bluetooth 4.0, and a newcomer, Wi-Fi Direct. Both specifications are promising to make it easier for you to quickly transfer pictures, files and other ...
Microsoft may be looking to add to its existing patent infringement case related to the use of Google's Android mobile phone software by targeting phone makers in Taiwan, according to a Chinese-language news report.
Google's Dalvik virtual machine, which runs Java applications in Android phones, is under fire again, this time in a lawsuit filed by Gemalto.
Apps that range from frightening to frighteningly useless
With upgrades to its Flash Builder, Flex, and AIR application development technologies Monday, Adobe Systems is taking a decidedly mobile bent.
Call 2010 the year of the smartphone and mobile software. Phones like the Motorola Droid X, the HTC Incredible, and the Apple iPhone 4 -- and the many creative apps we liked this year -- made this the largest category of products in the PCWorld 100.
With the growing popularity of Android, IT administrators are facing demands to support smartphones from employees that use the open source mobile operating system. But while security of Google Android is improving, IT pros say it hasn't quite caught...
In the race for worldwide smartphone dominance, Apple has finally passed Research In Motion. During this year's third quarter, 15.4 million iPhones were shipped globally compared to only 12.4 million Blackberries, the researchers at Strategy Analytic...
Microsoft's release of Windows Phone 7 brings updated mobile-formatted Word, Excel, and PowerPoint programs, and OneNote Mobile, to your fingertips. The touchscreen-friendly revamp of Office Mobile is radically different from version 6.5. And files a...
In a bid to set itself apart from the smartphone competition, Lumigon, a small Danish manufacturer that has never launched a product, is aiming to ship this quarter an Android-based phone with amplification technology from Bang & Olufsen and an FM tr...
You're probably used to pressing PrintScreen (Windows) or Command-Shift-3 (Mac OS X) to capture occasional computer screenshots. But the operation is not so easy on an Android phone. What if you want to taunt a friend with proof of an online game vic...
Dell will push Google's Android 2.2 OS to its Streak handheld devices in a matter of "weeks," a company executive said this week.
The iPhone and Google Android devices had a few years to refine their user interface and features, which gave them plenty of time to get ahead of Microsoft's ailing Windows Mobile OS. But in a swift turn of events, Microsoft came up with a totally ne...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- What happens when you send a text message to a landline telephone?
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Motorola looks to pair Moto Z for a dance with Tango
- Google may be testing out a new card-based layout for the Play Store
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumor roundup: Here's everything we know so far
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProject Manager X2VIC
- FTSenior Project Analyst, PMO, WealthNSW
- CCPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- CCProduct Manager - TV and MediaNSW
- FTTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- CCLevel 1/2 IT Service Desk OfficerQLD
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- CCData Analyst - Excel focusedACT
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- FTQuality and Testing Assurance SpecialistSA
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- CCProject Management - Infrastructure projectsNSW
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- FTPlatform EngineerQLD
- CCJunior Desktop TechnicianACT
- FTProject SupportNSW
- CCCyber Security Specialist - Multiple rolesVIC