Chinese users tend to download more applications and games to their cellphones than mobile users in Western Europe, according to market research company Canalys.
Motorola launched two new rugged handheld computers today, bringing to three the number of handhelds it makes that support both CDMA and GSM wireless technologies.
Verizon Wireless will push Android 2.2, or Froyo over the air to Motorola Droid X smartphones on Wednesday, though customers can now start updating to the new OS now on their own, the carrier said Tuesday.
What a day for Anssi Vanjoki, Nokia's outgoing executive formerly in charge of the mobile phone giant's phone division.
Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), India’s oldest exchange, has introduced mobile trading in India, potentially increasing the number of retail investors in the country.
Nokia has delayed shipment of the N8, the first mobile phone to run the latest version of Symbian software and a device meant to turn around the company's slump.
Apple on Monday announced that it will launch the iPhone 4 in China on Saturday.
Facebook said on Monday it is not building a mobile phone, dismissing a TechCrunch story that it is working on software for a device from a hardware manufacturer.
Apple has done enough security-wise with its iPhone and iPad to make many CSOs comfortable with the mobile devices connecting to corporate networks, but Google's Android still has a ways to go.
Rumors Monday that Facebook is building a mobile phone evolved later in the day to a Facebook spokeswoman insisting that the social networking giant simply wants to "integrate deeply into existing platforms and operating systems." And it's not workin...
Even though mobile apps make big headlines, texting is far more widely used.
Apple is launching its iPhone 4 in China this Saturday, 25 September, in what is part of the company's latest push to expand its presence in the Chinese market.
Windows Phone 7 devices coming this fall will initially work with GSM carriers such as AT&T and T-Mobile, but will not include carriers of CDMA technology, which include Verizon Wireless and Sprint Nextel.
Where is Froyo for the Droid X?
Samsung on Thursday said it was opening an entertainment store to bring movies and TV shows to its smartphones and upcoming Galaxy Tab tablet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
- Two Sony Xperia Z3 phones now support Android N preview
- Samsung shows off 'pink gold' Galaxy S7, S7 Edge
- Microsoft might be eyeing a Surface phone with a trackpoint/fingerprint reader
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW