Apple's flagship iPhone 4 handset will be launched in Australia on Friday, July 30, according to the company's chief executive, Steve Jobs.
HTC is on a roll, producing high-quality and high-demand smartphones left and right. HTC's latest creation -- the HTC Desire HD, an update to its original Desire model -- had its specs leaked by an online U.K. retailer. Looks like it could be another...
Developers at an open source company in Spain are leading an effort to boost PHP application development for Android-based phones.
Google, which broke mobile industry practice last year by offering the Nexus One smartphone for sale exclusively on its website, has received its last shipment of the device for online sale.
Today's Apple press conference was a strange mix of finger pointing, random sales figures and statistics and--surprise!--some actual accountability and solutions for the iPhone 4's antenna woes. At the end of the conference, Apple CEO Steve Jobs fina...
Image is everything. And that's why Apple must terminate the iPhone 4 as quickly as possible.
Apple announced several measures Friday to keep iPhone 4 users "happy" and to turn the controversy over the smartphone's occasional reception issues into a "non-issue." Again.
Apple's news conference last week on the iPhone 4 antenna and reception fiasco gets an A- grade, but its overall response rates just a C, according to a crisis communications expert.
Complaints and theories about the iPhone 4 reception problems are coming from what seems like every pundit and consumer in the country, and now a senator is getting in on the action.
Apple today released an update to iOS 4 for the iPhone 3g, 3gs, and iPhone 4.
Although Motorola's brand new Droid X smartphone and the original Droid bear similar names, they are very different devices.
Warnings by Apple's top antenna expert that the iPhone 4 design could clobber signal strength and lead to dropped calls were ignored by the company's top executives, according to a Bloomberg News story today.
Facing mounting public relations troubles over the iPhone 4, Apple must act swiftly to quell customer complaints about poor reception by giving away free cases, crisis communication experts say.
Optus and Nokia Siemens Networks successfully demonstrated Long Term Evolution (LTE) mobile technology at a Thai restaurant in Gordon, Sydney, today, but did not make clear exactly when the upgrade to its 3G network would take place.
Consumer Reports magazine said on Wednesday that Apple iPhone 4 owners can eliminate reception problems by enclosing their phones in the "Bumper" case Apple sells.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Galaxy Note 6 rumors hint at IR autofocus, USB-C connectivity, new Snapdragon SoC
- LG shows off a smartphone display panel with integrated fingerprint reader
- Smartphone uptake passes its peak as industry appetite wanes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAzure Consultant/EngineerQLD
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- FTSupport AnalystQLD