Google today attacked Apple's apparent decision to ban some third-party ad networks from collecting ad performance data on the iPhone and iPad.
More important than its elegant design, improved screen resolution or FaceTime video calling abilities is the iPhone 4's support of five radio bands, one more than the four supported in the iPhone 3GS.
A new client-server software product is designed to secure and manage smartphones and other mobile devices in the enterprise, including iPhones. The vendor, Mobile Application Development Partners, says the software can be installed with no changes t...
Experiments are under way to harvest free energy through motion and the environment, which could lead to devices such as mobile phones that can be recharged without electricity. One Laptop Per Child has experimented with charging XO laptops through s...
Apple CEO Steve Jobs heralded the new iPhone 4 as, "beyond a doubt, the most precise thing and one of the most beautiful things we've ever made." To be sure, die-hard Apple fans will rush out and get one when the iPhone 4 becomes available. But are t...
For the newest iPhone, Apple focused visually on sleek new styling with stainless steel banding, and a dramatically improved display. Under the covers, you'll find improved battery life, and managed multitasking for applications. Apple also introduce...
The Apple iPhone 4 is everything that a new piece of technology should be: It's innovative, attractive, and ahead of its competition. In comparison, previous iPhone upgrades seem inconsequential--that's how much iPhone 4 brings to the table.
The Apple iPhone 4 was unveiled this morning by Steve Jobs at Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference. The iPhone 4 will be 24 per cent thinner than its predecessor at 9.3mm thick, contain a front-facing camera, and offer greatly improved battery perf...
Video games FarmVille and Guitar Hero along with streaming video service Netflix are all inbound for Apple's iPhone, the company announced at today's WWDC event.
Motorola has announced the first Android smartphone to include a xenon flash, the Milestone XT720.
At the company's World Wide Developers Conference held earlier today, Apple announced the iPhone 4, the latest generation in it's popular cell phone line due on June 24. New improvements include improved motion-sensing, the ability to show four times...
Sprint announced on Monday it sold a record number of the Android-based smartphones on the phone's first day of availability on Friday, June 4. The carrier did not give any specific figures, but said it saw temporary shortages of the device at some o...
Gaming news is trickling out of Apple's annual tech conference, WWDC 2010, and the hot item of the hour is FarmVille for your iPhone. That's right -- you can now harvest your virtual crops and visit your friends' farms literally all the time.
HTC acquired a French company that makes software used by operators and phone makers to design mobile phone home screens.
Three years after being sued by Cisco Systems for giving its iPhone the same name as a Cisco product, Apple has taken another page from the Cisco playbook, renaming its iPhone operating system, iOS.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Samsung files artificial muscle patent for use in flexible smartphones
- The affordable new Moto E grows in size, but not price
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 821 is now the company's fastest mobile chip
- Snapchat launches Memories so you can save and search for past stories
- RIP: The BlackBerry Classic and its iconic keyboard is dead
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCIP & Fixed LeadVIC
- CCMiddleware ConsultantVIC
- CCIT Business Analyst- Infrastructure, BABOK- Government BackgrndNSW
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Back-end .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCProduction Manager / Digital ProducerNSW
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD