Apple's iPhone 4 signal problems have been the source of a barrage of complaints by customers complaining of a faulty antenna and now Steve Jobs has broken the silence. In an e-mail Jobs downplayed users' reception gripes as a "non-issue." Meanwhile...
Smartphones - News
If you managed to get your hands on Apple's hotly anticipated iPhone 4, the next step may be to purchase a new set of accessories. The iPhone 4 features a new shape and design, preventing the smartphone from fitting into older iPhone docks and cases....
The U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC) has launched a formal investigation into four patent complaints filed against Apple by computer graphics hardware maker S3 Graphics, which asked the agency to block Apple from importing the iPhone, iPad...
Short range communication using NFC (Near Field Communication) circuitry embedded in mobile phones has had a difficult journey to market, but it may soon see light at the end of the tunnel with increasing adoption for city transit projects, according...
It was surely only the purest coincidence that Verizon, Motorola and Google introduced the Droid X smartphone the day before Apple's iPhone 4 shipped. And certainly, the companies' ability to get actual shipping units into reviewers' hands before mos...
Now that <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/search?qt=apple">Apple</a> has successfully launched this year's <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/199827/hands_on_with_iphone_4.html">iPhone</a>, what can we expect next from Cupertino? Here are five st...
Google has released the source code to the new 2.2 version of Android ("Froyo") to its partners, and also revealed that 160,000 Android powered devices are activated daily.
Complaints of iPhone 4 antenna problems and screen discoloration are pouring in from frustrated iPhone buyers grappling with what they claim are flaws in the popular new handset. The good news is there are a few potential fixes for what might ail you...
If there ever was an over-hyped product, it's... well, actually, it's the iPad. But the iPhone 4 is close on its heels. But even after all the hoopla -- from the speculation and rumors to the "lost" phone incident and police action -- the arrival of ...
If early reports of iPhone 4 problems are any indication of what's ahead the thousands of giddy Apple faithful, waiting in line for an iPhone, there could be trouble ahead. Some early iPhone 4 owners are reporting a few minor problems you should be a...
Android smartphone users can now place calls to their Android smartphone user contacts around the world absolutely free thanks to an updated app from Rebtel. Based in Sweden, Rebtel--which claims to be the world's largest independent mobile VoIP prov...
Google disclosed in a blog post on Thursday that it remotely removed two applications from Android phones that ran contrary to the terms of the Android Market.
With a pre-order reservation and an early arrival time of 6:55am to New York's grandiose West 14th Street Apple Store, I still expected a long wait for a factory-fresh iPhone 4.
Chinese networking and telecommunications company Huawei will launch a Google Android-powered tablet in Australia by the end of 2010. The company claims the tablet's low price point will make it an appealing alternative to Apple's iPad.
Optus has confirmed it will sell the iPhone 4 in Australia when it launches in "late July".
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
- New Windows 10 preview adds an iPhone Live Photos rival, Windows Ink improvements
- The Note7 will cost Samsung another US$3 billion in profit
- Google Phone app 5.1 adds in new gestures and interface tweaks
- Some reports of faulty Note7s invalidated
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- FTSenior Application SupportSA
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCSitecore DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- FTProject ManagerSA
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia
- CCContract IT Assistant (System Backup Operation) 161014/ITA/523Asia
- FTSecurity Consultant / SMENSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW