Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) gets underway Monday in San Francisco, and speculation is rampant over what revelations CEO Steve Jobs has planned. Here are my five top picks.
Apple and Microsoft. Microsoft and Apple. The two most valuable tech companies in the world will host competing conferences next week for IT pros and developers. While Apple gets its iGroove on with the Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in San F...
While the fourth-generation iPhone could come out this week at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC), it's not too early to peer into the future and speculate what 2011 could mean for iPhone fans.
Using MasterCard's MoneySend application, iPhone and iPad users will be able to send or receive money using their phone or tablet, the card company said on Thursday.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has begun legal proceedings against Singtel Optus Pty Ltd in the Federal Court in Melbourne for allegedly contravening the Trade Practices Act 1974 in relation to the company’s use of the word...
Vodafone will sponsor the upcoming Ashes Series, making the announcement on 2 June under a bevy of red at the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG).
Dell is diving headfirst into the smartphone/tablet market with the Android-powered Dell Streak. The Streak was announced last month and will be available for $US500 in the US in July, and for 429 pounds in the UK this weekend. Critics have already c...
A group of chip makers including IBM, Samsung Electronics and Texas Instruments on Thursday unveiled Linaro, a new software-engineering foundation dedicated to improving Linux distributions, including Android, MeeGo and Ubuntu, used in consumer devic...
Nokia has upped the "how green can you get" stakes with a kit that allows users to charge their phones when cycling, the phone manufacturer said on Thursday.
DoubleTwist introduced a free media player application for Google Android phones, which rivals the default media player on the platform. DoubleTwist's app not only plays music and videos in a clean interface, but also has a desktop counterpart for iT...
Motorola proved the rumor mill right on Wednesday when it introduced the square-shaped, Android-based Flipout phone featuring Motorola's enhanced Motoblur overlay.
Got a BlackBerry for your business? Getting around is about to get a lot easier.
An Android engineering team member earlier this week lashed out at critics who spread fears of fragmentation in the Android mobile phone market
Linux-enabled smartphones, led by the success of Google's Android, will comprise 33 percent of the worldwide smartphone market by 2015. With more than 60,000 smartphones shipping per day, Android has catapulted ahead of other Linux mobile platforms.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs used the D8 Conference on Tuesday to air his views on a variety of issues, including Adobe Flash, Google, ATT, and the next-gen iPhone controversy.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google's modular smartphone project sacrificed its original vision to move forward
- Android device updates: HTC 10 is getting stability fixes and preview 3 is headed to Android N
- Google I/O 2016: Every Android app – really – is coming to Chrome
- Newer, stronger security core for Google's Android N
- Zip! Pow! Google debuts Android Instant Apps that load without installation
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCDeployment Project EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- FTTechnical Services SpecialistACT
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCApplication Packaging ExpertVIC
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCProject Manager - HFCVIC
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- CCLead Business Analyst - multiple rolesVIC
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD