Microsoft is running a contest looking for ideas for Windows Phone 7 apps, offering the winner US$5,000, a free phone and a promise to actually develop and offer the app by the end of the year.
Smartphones - News
Apple's iPhone 4 boasts 512MB of system memory, double the amount in last year's iPhone 3GS and the newer iPad tablet, Computerworld has confirmed.
Microsoft is confirming that "many thousands" of pre-release Windows Phone 7 handsets will be given to selected developers starting in July, but confusion over how that will be done continues.
Swype's software that lets users input text on a touchscreen phone by gliding their finger from one letter to another on a virtual keyboard is now available in beta version for Android.
Motorola on Thursday announced a smartphone for the enterprise market that combines aesthetics with business functionality.
Vendors are adding cheaper and simpler Android-based phones to their portfolios, in an effort to put smartphones in the hands of more users. The products will also help close the gap between Android and Apple's iPhone, according to analysts.
Verizon, Motorola, and Adobe have announced they will be introducing the next generation of Droid mobile devices on Wednesday, June 23. The Droid launch comes just one day before Apple officially launches iPhone 4, the next-generation of Cupertino's ...
Preferring to err on the side of caution, the San Francisco Board of Supervisors on Tuesday voted 10-1 to require cell phone makers to post notices in their stores with details on the level of radiation each model emits.
While it may not be on the scale of the BP oil spill, Apple and AT&T do have a public relations debacle on their hands as iPhone fans are furious about the collapse of AT&T's online preorder system.
Facing continued pressure from Apple and other smartphone makers, Nokia on Wednesday warned that its second quarter earnings would be lower than expected.
Apple on Wednesday said that it saw the largest numbers of iPhone 4 pre-orders the company has ever taken in a single day, with 600,000 devices sold already.
Government ministers have been banned from using Apple's iPhone.
Samsung has added the Galaxy 3 and Galaxy 5 to its portfolio of Android-based smartphones, it said on Tuesday at CommunicAsia2010 in Singapore. Both phones are on the low-end of the scale when it comes to price and features.
The Torch 9800 could well be the name for Research in Motion's upcoming slider smartphone that features both a touch screen and physical keyboard as well as the next BlackBerry operating system.
Apple's preordering system for the iPhone 4 appeared overloaded or broken on Tuesday with many complaining they were locked out from ordering the phone online in advance of its June 24 launch. Thousands of those that visited Apple's preorder page at ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Allo 2.0 update brings app shortcuts, GIF keyboard support, and several new features
- Pixel demand is higher than expected, with some pre-orders being pushed back to November
- Beleaguered Samsung now fending off reports of Galaxy S7 Edge phones catching fire
- New Samsung loyalty program hints that the Note line may not be dead after all
- Google's Pixel XL is much easier to repair than the Nexus 6P
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- FTNetwork & Gateway EngineerACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceSA
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTAccount Security ManagerACT
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- TPICT Security SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCIteration Manager - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementACT
- CCProject SchedulerACT
- TPChange Management - Multi-stream transformationNSW
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- TPTableau SpecialistNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- FTProject Manager (HR, Payroll)VIC
- CCWebSphere Portal AdministratorNSW
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Identity Access ManagementACT
- FTStorage SpecialistNSW