Despite the hype that's built up around tablet computers and handheld devices with larger screens, Sony Ericsson remains focused on smartphones even as it keeps its future product options open, according to a top company executive.
Smartphones - News
Qualcomm faces another antitrust complaint in Europe, this time filed by Icera, a U.K. fabless semiconductor company.
Sencha on Thursday is rolling out a mobile application development framework that leverages HTML5 technologies.
Microsoft will release a new mobile OS for enterprise handheld devices later this year as it tries to simplify the Windows Mobile upgrade cycle for customers, the company said Thursday.
Toshiba America Electronic Components Inc. today announced plans to ship a 128GB embedded NAND flash memory module, the highest capacity available for smart phones, tablet PCs and digital video cameras.
Apple's iPad may soon put a stake in the heart of netbooks, research analysts said this week.
A visual history of the science and sci-fi of phone calls you can see. (And, no, it didn't start with The Jetsons.)
U.K. government ministers are not allowed to use Apple's iPhone but Blackberries are fine, presumably for security reasons, according Health Secretary Simon Burns .
Microsoft is running a contest looking for ideas for Windows Phone 7 apps, offering the winner US$5,000, a free phone and a promise to actually develop and offer the app by the end of the year.
Apple's iPhone 4 boasts 512MB of system memory, double the amount in last year's iPhone 3GS and the newer iPad tablet, Computerworld has confirmed.
Microsoft is confirming that "many thousands" of pre-release Windows Phone 7 handsets will be given to selected developers starting in July, but confusion over how that will be done continues.
Swype's software that lets users input text on a touchscreen phone by gliding their finger from one letter to another on a virtual keyboard is now available in beta version for Android.
Motorola on Thursday announced a smartphone for the enterprise market that combines aesthetics with business functionality.
Vendors are adding cheaper and simpler Android-based phones to their portfolios, in an effort to put smartphones in the hands of more users. The products will also help close the gap between Android and Apple's iPhone, according to analysts.
Verizon, Motorola, and Adobe have announced they will be introducing the next generation of Droid mobile devices on Wednesday, June 23. The Droid launch comes just one day before Apple officially launches iPhone 4, the next-generation of Cupertino's ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung blames batteries from two makers for Note7 explosions
- Low-end Android phones could get VR with new Imagination GPU
- Android device updates: the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are finally getting Nougat
- HTC's U Ultra flagship attacks the high end with a glass back, an AI companion, and a second screen
- The iPhone turns 10: Apple CEO Tim Cook promises 'the best is yet to come'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPSharePoint DeveloperVIC
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- CCProject SchedulerQLD
- TPFunctional AnalystVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- CCChange Analyst- O365 Upgrade ProjectQLD
- TPBusiness/Data AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) Technical Team LeaderACT
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD