Optus has released a series of new prepaid mobile phone plans called Turbo Max that are designed for heavy users. However, the included minutes can only be used to call mobiles, not landlines.
Motorola will start loading Microsoft's search and map services onto its Android smartphones in China, bringing more non-Google services to the phones amid a row between Google and China.
BlackBerry Twitter users rejoice! The official BlackBerry Twitter app will finally be released on BlackBerry App World in the coming weeks.
A new way to play PlayStation games?
Some BlackBerry users in North America and the United Kingdom experienced data outages Monday and yesterday on Wi-Fi-equipped BlackBerries when not connected to Wi-Fi, according to user groups and some U.S. carriers.
IBM is teaming with researchers in academic institutions in Japan and India to explore an open, common user interface for mobile devices that will make them easier for aged or illiterate people around the world to use.
Apple is already reaping the benefits of its patent infringement lawsuit against HTC, according to one analyst.
RIM's second touch screen BlackBerry smartphone, the BlackBerry Storm2, will land down under this week on the Vodafone and 3 networks.
A Panda Security employee discovered three malware programs on a recently purchased HTC Magic phone when it was plugged it into a Windows computer.
Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA) has announced today that its Vodafone and 3 Australian mobile networks will provide unlimited standard national voice calls network to network on the latest cap plans.
AT&T may have opened its arms to Android with the release of Motorola's Backflip, but it isn't exactly embracing the platform's open nature.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has introduced new mobile phone rules that will give telco customers the option to block premium SMS messages from being sent to their phones.
South Australian mobile tech company 2moro mobile has launched an iPhone app that lets WOMADelaide 2010 festival-goers find out who's performing on stage by just pointing their iPhones.
A mobile phone with Google's Android operating system that was delayed in China will now ship next week, in the latest sign that Android has gone largely unscathed by a row between Google and the Chinese government.
While Microsoft still isn't commenting on whether current Windows Mobile phones will be upgradeable to its new Windows Phone 7 software, it has finally officially revealed that existing applications won't work on the new platform.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- 34 per cent of global online transactions made mobile: Adyen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCChange LeadNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW