The team of Palm enthusiasts at webOSroundup.com has launched a crowd-sourcing project that invites other Palmophiles to create their own video ads for Palm's innovative operating system and the phones that run it.<a href="http://www.networkworld.com...
Nokia--the world's leading manufacturer of mobile phones--announced that it is acquiring Novarra--a privately-held Chicago-based mobile Web browser developer. The purchase moves Nokia into the increasingly contentious mobile browser battle.
Research In Motion has purchased Viigo, a developer of software that delivers syndicated content to mobile phones, according to a brief note on Viigo's Web site.
2G telephone technology will be phased out completely between 2010-15 to make way for the growing 3G and LTE networks, according to market analyst Ovum.
The ball is in Apple's court with the Opera Mini Web browser for the iPhone, which is now pending approval in the iPhone App Store.
HTC and Telstra today announced the impending launch of the HTC Desire smartphone in Australia.
Mobile operators say that they are open to accepting a range of wireless devices on their networks as well as using new models for charging people for services to those devices, based on experiences with the Kindle and the iPad, but they will still w...
A delayed flight didn't stop Vincenzo Iozzo and Ralf Weinmann from scoring a cool US$15,000, a brand-new iPhone and a trip to Las Vegas at the annual Pwn2Own hacking contest in Vancouver on Wednesday.
Yahoo introduced two iPhone applications this week, including one that lets users draw a circle on a map to look for restaurants within a specific area.
Opera Software today announced that it had submitted its mobile browser to the iPhone App Store, and the company's co-founder remained confident that Apple would approve the software.
Nuance Communications has announced T9 Trace software that lets users input text on a touchscreen phone by gliding their finger from one letter to another on a virtual keyboard, the company said on Tuesday.
Samsung Electronics on Tuesday introduced the Samsung Galaxy S, an Android phone with a 4-inch screen, and hinted at new content offerings.
Mozilla has decided to stop development of a version of its Firefox mobile Web browser for phones running Windows Mobile.
Mobile software company Myriad Group announced J2Android, which will make it possible for Java-based mobile applications to run on Android-based phones, the company said on Monday.
If Palm's WebOS products had gone on sale at Verizon before Motorola's Droid, Palm's fortunes today would be very different, the company's CEO said Thursday during its third-quarter earnings call."
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
- Two Sony Xperia Z3 phones now support Android N preview
- Samsung shows off 'pink gold' Galaxy S7, S7 Edge
- Microsoft might be eyeing a Surface phone with a trackpoint/fingerprint reader
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW