Wouldn't it be great if, a few weeks after next month's WWDC, Apple maximum leader Steve Jobs returned--tanned, rested, healthy, and brandishing next-generation iPhones and other toys?
Smartphones - News
Apple on Wednesday started selling its iPhone 3G online, the first time in a year that consumers have been able to get their hands on the device without making a trip to an Apple retail store or buying from AT&T.
Zenprise is adding a BlackBerry device management option to its flagship MobileManager application.
Apple yesterday warned iPhone application developers that all apps submitted for iTunes App Store approval must be compliant with iPhone OS 3.0. In an e-mail sent to registered iPhone developers, Apple said all new apps will be tested for approval on...
As of today you can point your iPhone to the App Store and download Sling's place-shifting TV app. After a very long wait, the app finally made it into Apple's bonanza store, but Sling's attempt proves to be quite expensive and crippled from birth.
The newest version of Lotus Notes and Domino will push e-mail, contacts and calendar items to iPhone users.
Google's initial success with its Android mobile operating system will continue -- and in a very big way. That's according to research firm Strategy Analytics, which predicts that global shipments of Android-based smart phones will grow a stunning 90...
Vodafone is making a bid for the mobile applications market, by trying to attract developers with the promise of access to its large customer base.
We interrupt your steady stream of iPhone rumors to bring you new buzz on that other famous smartphone: the Android-powered T-Mobile G1. While its successor, the T-Mobile G2 (aka HTC Magic) has yet to hit America, there's now talk of a "T-Mobile G1 v...
As analysts go gaga over Android this week, Google is unveiling a high-tech "mobile planetarium" that could catapult the system into a whole new world. Google Sky Map was officially introduced Tuesday, just one day after researchers suggested Android...
The world's largest handset manufacturer, Nokia, is prepping its long-awaited application store for mobile devices at the end of May. With the new service, which is called the Ovi Store, the Finnish company will try to emulate Apple's success -- only...
Sling Media's SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone will arrive this evening at Apple's iTunes App Store, according to company spokesperson Cathy Cook.
Apple is playing the moral watchdog game again, this time banning from its App Store the Me So Holy app. In yet another episode of the rejected Apps soap opera, Apple found the app "objectionable," according to its iPhone developer agreement.
Mobile phones using the Android operating system will eventually be huge, even if the number of Android smartphones shipped in 2009 doesn't grow by 900% as a research firm recently predicted.
Amazon today launched a version of its Kindle digital download store specifically designed for Apple's iPhone and iPod Touch, the bookseller announced.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung details 8-point battery safety check for all new devices
- Samsung blames batteries from two makers for Note7 explosions
- Low-end Android phones could get VR with new Imagination GPU
- Android device updates: the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are finally getting Nougat
- HTC's U Ultra flagship attacks the high end with a glass back, an AI companion, and a second screen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FTIOS DeveloperNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPSenior Business Process analyst - Major Optimisation projectNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- TPSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- CCInfrastructure Technical Team LeadQLD
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Hadoop, Qlikview, SalesforceNSW
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- FTMDM - ConsultantNSW
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerVIC
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerQLD