We're already a quarter of the way into 2009 and the gadgets are coming thick and fast despite the recession that is gripping many countries. This month it was time for new digital cameras with the PMA show in the U.S. and a couple of follow-ups from...
Some of the strangest things can show up on eBay. Take, for example, a seller who claims he has two iPhone prototypes to unload.
Motorola Monday announced the smallest and lightest versions in its MC55 series of ruggedized enterprise digital assistants, offering two models and multiple configurations to help customers keep down their upfront costs.
After first announcing the service last year, Vodafone Australia is now accepting customers for its Vodafone Business One unified communications services aimed at small and medium businesses.
Under pressure from popular phones from Apple and Research In Motion, Microsoft hopes it has put in place changes that will help it meet that mobile competition faster, said CEO Steve Ballmer on Wednesday.
Acer wants to bring the wholesale cost of smartphones down so far that mobile network operators can afford to give them away. It aims to release two such phones by October, said Aymar de Lencquesaing, the head of Acer's Smart Handheld Business Group.
Mobile operators O2 and Orange may refuse to offer Nokia's N97 handset unless the phone manufacturer removes the preinstalled Skype software.
Amazon's release Wednesday of an e-book reader for Apple's iPhone and iPod Touch is a "huge" move and a "win-win" for everyone concerned, analysts said.
Volantis has released an improved edition of its open source toolkit aimed at mobile application development.
For millions of people a trip in their cars means tuning into local radio. But what if you're traveling and want to catch a station from back home? FM stations don't reach more than about a hundred kilometers, so on long journeys you're usually out o...
The DEMO 09 conference launched 39 promising new technologies for consumers and businesses, with each presenter being given a scant six minutes to make their pitch to 500 attendees. Here are highlights from five notable presentations.
Smartphone users around the world generally download about five software applications each, even iPhone users, according to market researcher InStat.
Mobile phone sales for 2008 showed 6 per cent growth globally, although the economic downturn led to a 4.6 per cent decline in the fourth quarter, research firm Gartner Inc. said Tuesday.
Heart patients will be able to check their electrocardiogram on an iPhone, using a new system demonstrated by Deutsche Telekom subsidiary T-Systems at the Cebit trade show in Hanover, Germany.
The iPhone may generally be considered a consumer device, but several vendors at the Cebit trade show this week are demonstrating applications and services to put the device more firmly in the business arena.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Galaxy Note 6 rumors hint at IR autofocus, USB-C connectivity, new Snapdragon SoC
- LG shows off a smartphone display panel with integrated fingerprint reader
- Smartphone uptake passes its peak as industry appetite wanes
- Telstra commits $50 million to cut mobile outages
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC