Scientists at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) have developed a way to charge lithium ion batteries in seconds, instead of hours, that could open the door to smaller, faster-charging batteries for cell phones and other devices.
After years of growth, the global market for mobile handsets will contract by about 8 percent this year although smartphones will remain a growth area, according to a new forecast from IDC.
Microsoft on Wednesday revealed it will pay developers 70 percent of sales for applications they develop and sell on a Windows Mobile application marketplace introduced at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona last month.
Sales of smartphones increased by 3.7 percent during the fourth quarter last year, compared to the same period in 2007, according to Gartner.
Google will block an iPhone application that harnesses its Google Talk chat program to provide a free text-message service after too many users flocked to download it.
We're already a quarter of the way into 2009 and the gadgets are coming thick and fast despite the recession that is gripping many countries. This month it was time for new digital cameras with the PMA show in the U.S. and a couple of follow-ups from...
Some of the strangest things can show up on eBay. Take, for example, a seller who claims he has two iPhone prototypes to unload.
Motorola Monday announced the smallest and lightest versions in its MC55 series of ruggedized enterprise digital assistants, offering two models and multiple configurations to help customers keep down their upfront costs.
After first announcing the service last year, Vodafone Australia is now accepting customers for its Vodafone Business One unified communications services aimed at small and medium businesses.
Under pressure from popular phones from Apple and Research In Motion, Microsoft hopes it has put in place changes that will help it meet that mobile competition faster, said CEO Steve Ballmer on Wednesday.
Acer wants to bring the wholesale cost of smartphones down so far that mobile network operators can afford to give them away. It aims to release two such phones by October, said Aymar de Lencquesaing, the head of Acer's Smart Handheld Business Group.
Mobile operators O2 and Orange may refuse to offer Nokia's N97 handset unless the phone manufacturer removes the preinstalled Skype software.
Amazon's release Wednesday of an e-book reader for Apple's iPhone and iPod Touch is a "huge" move and a "win-win" for everyone concerned, analysts said.
Volantis has released an improved edition of its open source toolkit aimed at mobile application development.
For millions of people a trip in their cars means tuning into local radio. But what if you're traveling and want to catch a station from back home? FM stations don't reach more than about a hundred kilometers, so on long journeys you're usually out o...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
- Rumor check: Everything we think we know about the Galaxy Note 7
- Windows 10 phones finally gain NFC payment support as Wallet 2.0 rolls out in preview
- Moto Mods for the Moto Z won't be cheap, with costs ranging from US$69 to US$299
- Report: NFC tap-to-pay coming soon to Windows 10 Mobile
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Developer - AWS Cloud HSMNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW