Mobile operators O2 and Orange may refuse to offer Nokia's N97 handset unless the phone manufacturer removes the preinstalled Skype software.
Amazon's release Wednesday of an e-book reader for Apple's iPhone and iPod Touch is a "huge" move and a "win-win" for everyone concerned, analysts said.
Volantis has released an improved edition of its open source toolkit aimed at mobile application development.
For millions of people a trip in their cars means tuning into local radio. But what if you're traveling and want to catch a station from back home? FM stations don't reach more than about a hundred kilometers, so on long journeys you're usually out o...
The DEMO 09 conference launched 39 promising new technologies for consumers and businesses, with each presenter being given a scant six minutes to make their pitch to 500 attendees. Here are highlights from five notable presentations.
Smartphone users around the world generally download about five software applications each, even iPhone users, according to market researcher InStat.
Mobile phone sales for 2008 showed 6 per cent growth globally, although the economic downturn led to a 4.6 per cent decline in the fourth quarter, research firm Gartner Inc. said Tuesday.
Heart patients will be able to check their electrocardiogram on an iPhone, using a new system demonstrated by Deutsche Telekom subsidiary T-Systems at the Cebit trade show in Hanover, Germany.
The iPhone may generally be considered a consumer device, but several vendors at the Cebit trade show this week are demonstrating applications and services to put the device more firmly in the business arena.
Research In Motion on Friday confirmed that NTT DoCoMo has halted sales of the BlackBerry Bold smartphone in Japan due to overheating, but said that the battery wasn't the source of the problem.
Amazon.com will let copyright holders opt out of having their books read aloud on the company's Kindle 2 book reader, in an apparent concession to concerns raised about the device's text-to-speech feature.
The NSW government has spent more than $5 million issuing police with portable digital fingerprint scanners to stop criminals weaseling out of fines, arrest warrants, court appearances and breaches of bail.
Rather than building a Zune-branded smartphone, Microsoft plans to take the software and online store it built for its Zune media player and bring them to your television set in the hopes of emulating Apple's phenomenally successful iTunes Store. But...
People who bought an unlocked version of the Android G1 phone are no longer allowed to download new paid applications from the Market, after a change Google made late last week.
We've had virtual storage, virtual machines and virtual data centres now VMware is looking to the next frontier: the virtual mobile phone.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google is building its own smartphone, report says
- Report: HTC-built Nexus 'Sailfish' leaks reveal the undercard in the next Nexus lineup
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
- Rumor check: Everything we think we know about the Galaxy Note 7
- Windows 10 phones finally gain NFC payment support as Wallet 2.0 rolls out in preview
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCTest LeadNSW
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCSystems EngineerNSW