Third-quarter growth in the global smartphone market was its weakest year-on-year since Gartner started tracking the market, but Apple's iPhone stood apart with strong gains.
Research In Motion's preliminary results for its just-concluded fiscal third quarter fell below its earlier forecast, with economic woes and product delays the prime culprits, the company said Wednesday.
Smartphone maker HTC said on Wednesday that it bought San Francisco design firm One &. for an undisclosed sum.
Melbourne company Kogan today announced Australia's first mobile phone to ship with Google's Android operating system. The phone is just the second in the world to have the Android OS preinstalled, after T-Mobile launched the G1 in the US in Septembe...
Open-Xchange, which makes an e-mail and document server, has added support for some Apple applications due to increased demand, the company said Tuesday.
Nokia announced more details about its upcoming Messaging platform, which will add support for mobile e-mail and instant messaging to its phones, at its World 08 conference in Barcelona on Tuesday.
Nokia continues to push navigation on mobile phones, announcing Tuesday at its World 08 conference in Barcelona a version of its Maps software as well as Maps on Ovi, which will compete with Google Maps.
Hackers have managed to load Linux on to Apple's iPhone.
HTC, maker of the original Google phone, is boasting that demand is so high that sales will reach a million by the end of the year.
Economic woes slashed mobile phone sales growth in the third quarter of this year as consumers waited longer to replace their handsets, and the market is likely to contract next year, according to Gartner.
Nokia is developing a device to link mobile phones to home automation systems. Using a mobile phone consumers will be able monitor and control security, heating, and ventilation systems via its gateway Home Control Center, Nokia announced on Thursday...
The U.K.'s advertising regulator banned a video advertisement for Apple's 3G iPhone, saying Wednesday that the ad exaggerates the phone's speed and is misleading.
Singapore Telecommunications (SingTel) is being sued in a Singapore court for its use of the Mio brand name by Mitac International, which sells smart phones and GPS devices under the Mio brand through its Mio Technology unit.
Businesses are planning to boost the deployment of smartphones during the next three years, while laptop deployments will slow dramatically, according to survey of 340 companies in the US and Western Europe.
While Verizon expected the BlackBerry Storm to be a hot-ticket item, it probably didn't anticipate that demand for the device would crash its online ordering portal.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google's modular smartphone project sacrificed its original vision to move forward
- Android device updates: HTC 10 is getting stability fixes and preview 3 is headed to Android N
- Google I/O 2016: Every Android app – really – is coming to Chrome
- Newer, stronger security core for Google's Android N
- Zip! Pow! Google debuts Android Instant Apps that load without installation
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer, Renewable ContractAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCSolution Architect (security domain)VIC
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- FTTechnical Services SpecialistACT
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCProject Coordinator-IT Application Software Implementation BckgNSW
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCNetwork Engineer | DC Relocation |VoIP Refresh | CCNA | CCNPNSW
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC