Apple has closed a loophole that had let a rejected iPhone developer sell his application using a distribution channel meant for beta testing and enterprises.
Nokia Australia this morning announced the availability of its flagship N-Series handset, the N96.
The Android handset unveiled by T-Mobile, Google and High Tech Computer (HTC) in New York on Tuesday is only available in English, but will be available in most other languages within the next six months, an indication of how long it will take to rea...
Engineers from Google and High Tech Computer (HTC) spent three years developing Android software and handsets before the launch of the G1 by T-Mobile on Tuesday, an executive from HTC said.
Mobile hardware is outpacing software capabilities and the mobile user experience, according to a group of mobile phone technologists speaking at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Among those speaking was Rich Miner, group manager of mobile ...
Sharp is looking to get your engines running. Literally.
AS the industry prepares for the biggest mobile phone release since the iPhone with the Android-based HTC Google phone in the US this week, HTC has remained silent over when the device will be available here instead releasing the Touch Pro through ca...
The first Android phone looks a lot like the fuzzy pictures that have surfaced online for months, with a touch screen similar to the iPhone and a full slide-out keyboard.
Even though three companies hosted the launch event and the software is backed by a consortium, the introduction of the first Android phone made it very clear that Android is about one company: Google.
The new T-Mobile G1 wireless phone, announced Tuesday by T-Mobile USA, Google and HTC, generated attention for its use of the open Android platform, but it will be locked to the T-Mobile USA network and it doesn't appear to be heavily focused on busi...
Open source developer NeoPwn has built what it claims is the first Wi-Fi penetration testing platform to run from a mobile phone.
Vodafone Australia today launched MusicStation, which the company says is Australia’s first unlimited mobile music download service.
Tuesday marks the long-awaited introduction for US customers of the first phone running Google's Android software, but some experts warn phone users not to get their hopes up too high.
A week after Apple rejected his iPhone application and barred it from selling on the App Store, developer Alex Sokirynsky has turned to a little-known, but still Apple-approved, distribution channel to sell his work.
Here it is: the first ever BlackBerry with a touch screen.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft kills off another chunk of its smartphone activities; lays off 1850 staff
- Google's modular smartphone project sacrificed its original vision to move forward
- Android device updates: HTC 10 is getting stability fixes and preview 3 is headed to Android N
- Google I/O 2016: Every Android app – really – is coming to Chrome
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Enterprise Java Beans/J2EE) 160601/AP/982Asia
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCMobile LI SMEVIC
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCData and Business AnalystACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCQA OfficerACT