Apple started selling its new iPhone 3G Friday, with crowds reported in locations from Tokyo and Europe to New York City, where the new faster phone went on sale at 8 a.m. local time.
With a market size three times bigger than the Internet today, Internet search engines Yahoo! and Google both aim to bring the Internet to about 3.2 billion mobile phone users as compared to the 850 million PC users today.
Andrew Maddox is still using the first generation of Apple's iPhone, but he wasted no time this week in getting his business e-mail pushed to the device.
Researchers at IBM have developed software that lets mobile users create slimmed-down Web pages that can be viewed more easily on a small device such as a mobile phone.
Apple fans who bought their iPhones before Friday's splashy iPhone 3G rollout have a new reason to upgrade their software: It's buggy.
Optus has offered only limited numbers of prepaid iPhone 3Gs for sale today, with some customers eager to get an iPhone having to sign up to cap-based plan on either a 12- or 24-month contract. Optus announced prepaid plans for the iPhone last week.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs revealed Wednesday that the iPhone will feature more than 160 games when the company launches its App Store service this week.
After much anticipation, the iPhone 3G was released internationally this morning.
As the iPhone 3G goes on sale customers all over the world will have to navigate the treacherous waters of operator pricing, and all users have to be able to answer one question, according to Shaun Collins, managing director at CCS Insight.
Vodafone Australia today announced their range of plans for the iPhone 3G, which will be launched on 11 July.
Less that one week after going on sale via its own e-commerce site, the 900MHz version of OpenMoko's Neo FreeRunner Linux phone has sold out, but don't despair yet as more are on the way.
The hacking and unlocking fanfare that surrounded Apple's first iPhone will be nowhere near as rampant with the iPhone 3G.
Motorola and Research in Motion have released the BlackBerry Connect client software for the MOTO Q with local mobile service plans.
Apple will launch its revamped MobileMe online service Wednesday night sometime between 6 p.m. and midnight PDT, the company said in a message posted to the current .Mac site.
Developers have created an easy way to load Android, Google's mobile-phone OS that is still in the works, on Nokia's N810 open-source handheld devices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- 34 per cent of global online transactions made mobile: Adyen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW