Mobile executives at a Silicon Valley roundtable discussion threw down the gauntlet to Symbian, Android and other software platforms to match the impact of the iPhone.
As wireless computing mushrooms with new devices, applications and a global move toward "openness," one analyst is suggesting some contraction is in order.
Optus today launched a live video monitoring service for its SME and home user 3G mobile customers.
Apple executives Monday brushed off questions about iPhone shortages, saying they are "very pleased" with their efforts to ramp up production.
Telco Optus has launched two mobile phone plans that allow unlimited calls on local, national and GSM networks in Australia and thrown in a bit of mobile data access.
Research in Motion patched a critical bug in its BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) Friday to stymie hackers hoping to break into company networks by tricking users of the popular smart phone into opening rigged PDFs.
Opera Software Thursday launched the public beta test Opera Mobile 9.5, its full-blown, native Web browser for smartphones.
US Customers looking for an iPhone 3G may have to wait up to a month for Apple to boost its orders with suppliers and refill the pipeline, a Wall Street analyst said Thursday.
Research in Motion has warned users and corporate administrators of a critical vulnerability in a component of its BlackBerry Enterprise Server that could be used to hack their company's computers.
Microsoft is letting more people use its Live Mesh service just days after Apple launched its similar, but broader, MobileMe service.
Amazon is set to release two new models of its popular e-book reader, the Kindle, according to the TechCrunch blog.
Apple took more than three months to patch an iPhone vulnerability, even though it had technical details of the bug and had crafted a fix for Mac OS X, the researcher who reported the flaw said Tuesday.
Apple extended an olive branch to subscribers of its MobileMe online sync service today by apologizing for problems during last week's opening and adding 30 additional days service to all accounts.
Only five days after its official launch, the iPhone 3G has been hacked.
Palm Inc. and Sprint Nextel Corp. Monday announced the Palm Treo 800w smart phone, calling it a device most suited for business users and not a direct competitor to the iPhone 3G launched Friday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Galaxy Note 6 rumors hint at IR autofocus, USB-C connectivity, new Snapdragon SoC
- LG shows off a smartphone display panel with integrated fingerprint reader
- Smartphone uptake passes its peak as industry appetite wanes
- Telstra commits $50 million to cut mobile outages
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTSystem EngineerACT