Apple's iPhone 3G offers "normal" reception, Swedish engineers who tested the smart phone said today, adding to the controversy over recent user reports of dropped calls and slow surfing speeds.
A new mobile phone plan launched today offers a reduced price for users willing to receive mobile advertising.
While developers have been hard at work building Android applications that can use GPS (Global Positioning System), Wi-Fi and cameras, they just discovered they likely won't be able to offer applications that use one common mobile phone feature: Blue...
Users of Apple's MobileMe have already discovered that the US$99-per-year service is sometimes slow and unreliable, and they're now talking about another shortcoming that was intentional.
Nokia confirmed Thursday its widely used Series 40 operating system has security vulnerabilities that could allow stealth installation and activation of applications.
An Alabama woman filed a lawsuit yesterday against Apple claiming that the company's iPhone 3G drops calls, has trouble connecting to AT&T's network and is slower than advertised.
Despite complaints from some users about iPhone 3G wireless connections, Apple continues to earn praise for its novel and expanding App Store, where consumers and business users alike can download applications for free or a small fee.
Vodafone has said excess charges incurred by some of its iPhone 3G customers were the result of a standard billing practice.
Palm's decision to sell an unlocked Treo Pro, its newest smartphone aimed squarely at enterprise customers, could either be the start of a new trend or a sign that the struggling company may face even harder times to come, one analyst said.
Apple maintained Wednesday that its latest iPhone software update improves connections to 3G networks, but users continued to say otherwise.
Intel on Wednesday said its next low-power chip for mobile phones is being readied for sampling -- progress for the chip maker that has big plans in the mobile space.
Developers of Android, the Linux mobile platform spearheaded by Google, are asking security experts for input.
Some Vodafone iPhone customers got a rude awakening when they were hit with hundreds of dollars in excess charges due to a data billing error.
Apple is blaming a problem with overheating iPods in Japan on faulty batteries, the company said in a statement Tuesday.
Hutchinson Telecommunications Australia (ASX:HTA) subsidiary 3 has reached an agreement which will allow the company to offer 3G roaming on parts of Telstra's (ASX:TLS) upcoming 850MHz network.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google is building its own smartphone, report says
- Report: HTC-built Nexus 'Sailfish' leaks reveal the undercard in the next Nexus lineup
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
- Rumor check: Everything we think we know about the Galaxy Note 7
- Windows 10 phones finally gain NFC payment support as Wallet 2.0 rolls out in preview
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW