Microsoft is preparing to launch in the next few months a Web site called Skymarket to sell Windows Mobile OS applications, a job advertisement suggests.
Intel has snapped up British Linux house Opened Hand in another sign of the growing interest in the use of the operating system on mobile devices.
It may be too early, or too presumptuous, to call Apple's iPhone a technology icon, but all the other major equipment makers in the emerging smart phone realm are looking to create their own "iconic" device.
Apple Thursday said it will patch a bug in the iPhone's password-protected locking feature next month in a software update for the iconic smartphone.
Google unveiled on Thursday its plans for a store where mobile users can find Android applications, a concept similar to the iPhone's App Store.
Nokia and Lonely Planet today announced a partnership to distribute Lonely Planet content via the Nokia Maps application. Owners of Nokia handsets can now purchase and download Lonely Planet city guides for use on their phones.
LG Electronics will launch in October a netbook-class laptop PC based on Intel's Atom processor that also includes 3G wireless, it said Wednesday at the IFA show in Berlin.
Private information stored in Apple's iPhone and protected by a lock code can be accessed by anyone with just a few button presses.
Sony Ericsson has relaunched its mobile content store PlayNow, renaming it PlayNow Arena and promoting music without the DRM technology some stores use to prevent copying or sharing of songs.
HTC is launching the Windows Mobile-based S740, which drops support for touch in favor of a classic 12-key numberpad and a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, it announced on Tuesday.
The use of mobile applications and rich content is on the rise in Australia according to recent research. The latest report from the Australian Interactive Media Industry Association (AIMIA) on mobile phone usage shows that consumers increasingly use...
Google dropped Bluetooth and the GTalkService instant messaging APIs (application program interfaces) from the set of tools for the first version of the mobile phone OS, Android 1.0, according to the Android Developers <a href="http://android-develop...
Apple's iPhone 3G offers "normal" reception, Swedish engineers who tested the smart phone said today, adding to the controversy over recent user reports of dropped calls and slow surfing speeds.
A new mobile phone plan launched today offers a reduced price for users willing to receive mobile advertising.
While developers have been hard at work building Android applications that can use GPS (Global Positioning System), Wi-Fi and cameras, they just discovered they likely won't be able to offer applications that use one common mobile phone feature: Blue...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Samsung files artificial muscle patent for use in flexible smartphones
- The affordable new Moto E grows in size, but not price
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 821 is now the company's fastest mobile chip
- Snapchat launches Memories so you can save and search for past stories
- RIP: The BlackBerry Classic and its iconic keyboard is dead
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCLead DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW