A quarter of UK legal firms admit that they have misplaced at least one mobile device containing confidential documents, a survey has shown.
Smartphones - News
A noted security researcher Monday warned users of T-Mobile's G1 smart phone that a critical vulnerability in Google's Android operating system could be used to hack their phones.
Owners of the Android-powered G1 handset seem more anxious to get things done with it than to play games, according to download statistics from the long-awaited phone's first few days on sale.
The Android Market currently has about 50 applications, but that number should go up next week when Google opens the market to developers.
Propelled by booming iPhone 3G sales, Apple on Tuesday reported strong sales and profitability for the quarter that ended in September.
Apple has no imminent plans to compete in the growing market for "netbooks," the small, inexpensive laptops that accounted for 5 percent of all US notebook sales last quarter, CEO Steve Jobs said Tuesday.
The first day of sales in the US for Google's Android phone hasn't quite echoed the frenzy surrounding initial iPhone sales, but a few hardy souls across the country got up early to buy the first devices available in stores.
Judging by the smile on Jacek Ambroziak's face, you would have thought he won the lottery. For him, being the first in line to buy a new G1 phone at the T-Mobile US store in Cambridge, Massachusetts, was better than winning the lotto.
Research in Motion (RIM) yesterday launched its first flip handset in Australia, the BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8820.
Research In Motion will give developers tools to build Web applications that work offline, expanding beyond the Java platform that has been at the core of BlackBerry applications until now, the company said Tuesday.
Google announced on Tuesday that the source code for its mobile operating system, Android, is now available for anyone to use free.
Apple Reseller Designwyse Australia has launched what it claims is the first technical iPhone training course for IT professionals.
Opera has added support for widgets to the latest beta release of its Mobile 9.5 browser. The release marks the second Opera Mobile 9.5 beta for Windows Mobile and the first-ever beta for UIQ-based phones, it announced on Monday.
Mozilla plans to release on Thursday an alpha version of its mobile browser today for Nokia's Internet tablets.
An uproar erupted when iPhone users discovered a so-called remote kill switch on their phones -- will it spur the same reaction in users of the G1, the first Android phone?
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Android's next destination: Untethered VR headsets with Snapdragon 835
- MWC 17: What's coming, what's not, and what we really want to see
- Xiaomi planning second version of its revolutionary Mi Mix ‘bezel-less’ phone
- 5G progress at Ericsson could help enterprises work worldwide
- Apple smartphones outsold Samsung's in Q4
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSQL Database AdministratorQLD
- FTPart Time - IT Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Support AnalystACT
- FTDeveloper - XML & JavaVIC
- TPProject OfficerNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperSA
- TPSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- TPService Desk Analyst - Level 1VIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - Technical BackgroundQLD
- FTClient Delivery ManagerSA
- FTNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Support OfficerNSW
- CCProject Manager (Event Management)NSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- TPDigital Project ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTSecurity Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCService ManagerACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- FTLevel 3 Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Technical Consultant - MicrosoftACT
- TPAgile Project Manager. Sharepoint / PeoplesoftNSW