Now that Adobe Systems is promising to bring Flash to the iPhone, one analyst is predicting that customer pressure will force Apple to agree to support the Adobe media player on its fast-growing mobile device .
Dell is primed to enter the mobile-phone arena with a smartphone, but it will need an Apple iPhone killer to really make a dent in the market, analysts said.
Australia has finally joined Google Transit more than two years after its US launch.
While Microsoft and Adobe Systems made nice over Flash</a> Monday, there's little pressure for Apple to follow suit and rush to put the technology on its iPhone, according to one analyst. And Adobe seems in no hurry to help.
Motorola, in partnership with Optus, has announced the launch of SCREEN3, a content service available on all MOTORAZR2 V9 and MOTOKRZR handsets through Optus.
Acknowledging that conditions of Apple's iPhone SDK agreement may impede Sun's plan to put a JVM (Java Virtual Machine) on the iPhone, a Sun official held out an olive branch this week to Apple.
While lauding Apple's iPhone as being innovative in the mobile space, a Google official later cited disadvantages of the device, which is expected to compete with upcoming Google-backed Android phones.
The HTC Touch Cruise is sleek, stylish and compact, but certainly doesn't skimp on features.
Don't feel so smug about how safety conscious you are by using a hands-free cell phone in the car: Carnegie Mellon University researchers say you're still likely going to be distracted.
Mobile applications are evolving even faster than the networks on which they run, and they could create new demands on infrastructure that hurt overall network performance.
As mobile broadband takes off, Wi-Fi hotspots will become as irrelevant as telephone booths, Ericsson Chief Marketing Officer Johan Bergendahl said Monday.
Open source identity community OpenLiberty.org Monday announced the release of open source code to help Java developers build privacy and security features into their Web 2.0, component-based and mobile applications.
Many companies running BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) could be inadvertently opening a door to attackers, a penetration testing company has found.
The door continues to revolve at Motorola, with the former head of the company's struggling mobile phone division stepping down on Friday.
This June, Apple will release a major update to its iPhone software, including new features for businesses and broad support for third-party software. We examine exactly what this new update will mean to you.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- 34 per cent of global online transactions made mobile: Adyen
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Windows Phone can now work on smartphones with Intel x86 chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystWA
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- FTChange LeadNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCLabour Stream LeadVIC
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW