Funambol, which makes an open source mobile application server, announced last week that it will be creating a mobile messaging system designed specifically for Google's Android platform.
Enterprises hoping to maintain tight control over future adoption of mobile technologies should open their minds and embrace the notion that consumer devices will continue to filter their way into the workplace, whether they like it or not, according...
Google could be heading for a showdown with Sun over the way Android, Google's new mobile phone software platform, handles Java.
You're in for a nasty surprise if you think mobile broadband devices will be free of the security problems that long have plagued PCs, said a panel of security experts at this week's Mobile Internet World conference.
There may be all kinds of technology issues, business plan problems and potential failures to address before the mobile Internet becomes a success. But for Tim Berners-Lee there's really only one issue.
Google has explained the choices it offers developers, at a public demonstration of the Android software development kit in London.
Perth-based iiNet launched its naked DSL broadband service today, making it the first Australian ISP to offer the service nationally through its ADSL2+ network, according to the company.
Nokia has unveiled a new high-end mobile phone with a 5 megapixel camera and a built-in GPS navigation system.
VeriSign plans to refocus its business on its two core activities, managing DNS infrastructure and selling SSL security certificates for Web sites.
Mobile advertising is still in its infancy, and already it's despised by some users of wireless devices. Nonetheless, it seems destined to become a major factor in the growth of the mobile Internet.
iPhone users make mistakes more often when texting compared to users of phones with hard keys, a new study found.
While Google's Android announcement generated a lot of hype last week, developers had to wait until yesterday to see whether the company had actually developed a good platform.
Some of Asia's biggest cellular carriers are banding together to offer a flat-rate data roaming service, hoping to increase the use of cellular data services by business people travelling in Asia.
Apple has pushed out its iPhone 1.1.2 firmware update to users of its popular mobile phone, fixing a widely publicized bug in the iPhone's browser.
A Microsoft spinoff plans to release an open beta of a new mobile browsing user interface in mid-December.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Motorola's revamped Moto range is coming to Australia
- OnePlus 2 goes official from $329
- Most Android phones can be hacked with a simple MMS message or multimedia file
- Here's what the worst Windows 10 phones will have for tech specs
- Kogan adds dual-SIM Agora Lite to its smartphone range
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW