Apple's move last week to stop hackers from modifying the iPhone has essentially killed the market for unlocked phones, a financial analyst said Thursday.
Mobile services lobby group the GSM Association says businesses and investors dazzled by the recent WiMAX World convention shouldn't buy into the hype just yet.
Mobile printing has never been easier. For a busy office, reliable and easy-to-use tools are essential. Samsung's latest smart printers are equipped for wireless printing from mobile devices. Find out more about what is all about.
Arm 's new Cortex A9-MPCore design for a cellular processor with up to four cores aims to deliver better performance to smartphones and mobile devices while consuming minimal battery life.
A group of seven companies including Mozilla, Arm and MontaVista Software are hoping to grow the market for a relatively new device category that sits in between a smartphone and a laptop.
Global chip sales soared in August, indicating makers of electronic devices such as PCs, iPods and mobile phones expect the holiday season to be strong this year.
Nokia has agreed to buy the digital mapping company Navteq for US$8.1 billion, supporting a plan to add navigation capabilities to more of its devices.
Owners of hacked iPhones have begun posting instructions on how to roll back a recent Apple firmware upgrade that rendered their mobile phones unusable.
Apple's decision last week to bundle an iPhone-crippling firmware upgrade with 10 security patches for the device was a mistake, analysts said this week.
Nokia Siemens Networks will hand over parts of some research and development teams to IBM, unloading some of its workforce while continuing to gain the benefit of their expertise, the companies said this week.
Mobile phone giant Nokia has launched a new version of its e-mail client for business customers using Microsoft's Exchange mail server.
Palm hasn't yet managed to turn around its declining fortunes, posting a quarterly net loss of US$840,000 this week.
A woman from New York sued Apple last week over the iPhone, saying that the company broke several laws when it cut the price of the device last month by US$200 and then issued a US$100 credit to some owners.
Google Friday confirmed that it has acquired Zingku, a mobile social networking company geared toward teenagers and young adults, another in a series of moves to boost its mobile services.
Nokia plans to add WiMax connectivity to its N-series Internet tablet next year, the company said this week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Pressure mounts in Europe for strict net neutrality
- Windows tablets available for under $100
- Use Uber? Snapchat? Google Maps? Now Twitter knows
- Opera pitches all-you-can-eat app stores to mobile operators
- Apple-IBM products in November? Not quite
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW