Opera announced a special low-power mode for its browser, which promises to dramatically extend battery life through optimizations.
Once a bloated ugly mess, Samsung’s TouchWiz interface now offers innovations that Google ought to borrow.
The Droid line may also ditch all the black and red, opting for splashes of color and a rounded home button.
A new version of the Galaxy S7 looks like it’s wrapping up boot camp and will report for duty shortly.
Intel's Atom smartphone chip cancellations pull the curtain back on an ugly past in which the company shot itself in the foot with bad timing and ill-advised executive decisions.
Intel's Atom processor architecture will live on despite the recent cancellation of next-generation smartphone chips.
A strong camera upgrade and support for the latest charging standard could help Samsung's next phablet stand out.
Future smartphones may no longer need a dedicated button for unlocking the device or performing other actions with a fingerprint.
"New vendors would be well-advised not to rest on their laurels..."
Telstra will commit $50 million on new measures to reduce the likelihood of further disruptions to its mobile network following a series of outages earlier this year.
A new report from IDC tracks the tablet's ongoing decline, while detachable tablets like Microsoft's Surface rise in popularity. Now smartphone vendors are getting into the act, applying their mobile acumen to compete with PC vendors.
Virtual reality was the star of the show when Samsung executives took the stage this week at its annual developer conference.
There's also interest brewing in the tablet space, as the Nexus 9 has disappeared from the Google Store.
The global smartphone market saw its first year-on-year decline in the first quarter, with both Samsung Electronics and Apple shipping fewer phones, according to a research firm.
AMD is licensing its x86 chip architecture to a new joint venture it has formed with a consortium of Chinese companies.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSW government taps on Android Pay
- LG announces the V20, a phone squarely targeted at audiophiles
- When will your phone get Android Nougat?
- Report: Nexus home button animation and 'night light' option appear amid a batch of leaks
- Samsung officially announces the Galaxy Note 7 and a refreshed GearVR
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW