Google's Project Ara modular smartphone is coming to developers at the end of this year, but it's lost a key part of its vision along the way -- total customizability.
Smartphones - News
HTC had a busy week in announcing the One M9, A9, and of course 10 will be first in line to get Android N when it exits beta.
Google’s bringing its entire Android mobile app library to Chromebooks – the company announced today at its annual I/O developer conference, thanks to an innovative system of containerization.
The PCWorld Show Episode 17: Google I/O brings Google Home smart hub, Android Auto everywhere and more
Jon, Mark, and Melissa find plenty of consumer news coming out of Google's I/O developer conference: an Amazon Echo knock-off called Google Home, a way to put Android Auto in every car, and a Google Assistant so helpful it even suggests replies while...
Google continues to hone Android's security capabilities, with features in the Android N upgrade due this fall prefaced by the Android for Work security apparatus and other security updates in last year's Android Marshmallow release.
Google has completely redefined what an "app" means, launching Android Instant Apps, which breaks up an app into chunks and allows them to be loaded almost instantly.
Several former Microsoft execs launched a new company that will use Nokia branding for new smartphones and tablets.
Was the Lumia 650 the end of the line for Lumia handsets? Looks like it.
The Moto G4, G4 Play, and G4 Plus are a curious expansion to Motorola's budget smartphone line.
Vodafone has carried out wireless network trials using the emerging Narrow Band-IoT (NB-IoT) standard.
Vodafone has called for an increase to the funding being made available through the federal government’s mobile blackspot program.
The Nvidia Shield Tablet bumps up to Android 6.0.1, while the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge score the latest security updates.
Google's Gboard virtual keyboard for iPhone is designed to make your life easier with native Google search, GIFs, and emoji support.
Opera announced a special low-power mode for its browser, which promises to dramatically extend battery life through optimizations.
Once a bloated ugly mess, Samsung’s TouchWiz interface now offers innovations that Google ought to borrow.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
- New Windows 10 preview adds an iPhone Live Photos rival, Windows Ink improvements
- The Note7 will cost Samsung another US$3 billion in profit
- Google Phone app 5.1 adds in new gestures and interface tweaks
- Some reports of faulty Note7s invalidated
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- FTJava Developer - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTTest ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security/Admin.) 161014/SA/253Asia
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantSA
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Application SupportSA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 161013/JP/602Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- CCIT Data AnalystACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia