While the modular concept was interesting, the G5 hasn't kept pace with other Android smartphones.
Smartphones - News
A number of leading phone manufacturers, including Samsung and Motorola, 'ruggedized' some of their flagship products in an attempt to reduce screen shatters. But they overlooked another common area of display damage: scratches.
This flagship offers a bigger screen, higher resolution, and larger battery capacity in comparison to the smaller "Sailfish" model.
Is anyone interested in a Windows 10 Mobile device that's not a Lumia? We'll soon find out thanks to a Kickstarter campaign from NuAns.
Just as it's done with the Pixel line, Google may eschew partnering with a third-party hardware maker for a high-end device.
This is likely the smaller and cheaper of two Nexus phones that HTC is building for Google this fall.
The next iPhone will ship with iOS 10—and everything we know about iOS 10 today can give us hints about the phone before it's even unveiled.
We round up the latest rumors on Samsung's next phone-tablet hybrid device.
Microsoft started pushing its Wallet. 2.0 app to Windows Insiders, bringing much-needed NFC tap-to-pay support to Windows 10 phones.
You'll at least get two free years of Google Photos storage if you opt for one of Moto's thin phones.
Microsoft Wallet 2.0, coming as part of the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, will let you pay via NFC credit card terminals, and will support loyalty cards from a range of US-based merchants.
With a 3D printer and a lot of trial and error, a clever developer has created the most unholy of smartphone alliances.
This would put Samsung at the forefront of display innovation, but it's unclear if the world needs this kind of breakthrough.
It's not out yet, but you'll love what Google's added to the preview version of its next version of its mobile operating system.
A French startup opened a crowdfunding campaign for a paper-thin sticker that adheres to the back of a smartphone or tablet, enabling wireless charging from a pad that handles multiple devices at the same time.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- What happens when you send a text message to a landline telephone?
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Motorola looks to pair Moto Z for a dance with Tango
- Google may be testing out a new card-based layout for the Play Store
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumor roundup: Here's everything we know so far
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness Analyst (Payment Systems Project)QLD
- CCHelpdesk Support- LANVIC
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- CCSenior Automation TesterVIC
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- CCSenior Digital DesignerVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- FTStorage Systems Administrator l HDS & EMC TechnologiesNSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerVIC
- FTField EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Reporting, Excel and AutoCAD experienceNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTDesktop/Laptop Deployment TechnicianNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- TPSQL/BI DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Network ConsultantVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperNSW
- FTPortal Project ManagerNSW
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- CCAzure/Sharepoint DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT