Microsoft Wallet 2.0, coming as part of the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, will let you pay via NFC credit card terminals, and will support loyalty cards from a range of US-based merchants.
Smartphones - News
With a 3D printer and a lot of trial and error, a clever developer has created the most unholy of smartphone alliances.
This would put Samsung at the forefront of display innovation, but it's unclear if the world needs this kind of breakthrough.
It's not out yet, but you'll love what Google's added to the preview version of its next version of its mobile operating system.
A French startup opened a crowdfunding campaign for a paper-thin sticker that adheres to the back of a smartphone or tablet, enabling wireless charging from a pad that handles multiple devices at the same time.
Down, but not out: Microsoft is laying off another 1,850 staff from its smartphone hardware business, but says it isn't leaving the market completely.
Google's Project Ara modular smartphone is coming to developers at the end of this year, but it's lost a key part of its vision along the way -- total customizability.
HTC had a busy week in announcing the One M9, A9, and of course 10 will be first in line to get Android N when it exits beta.
Google’s bringing its entire Android mobile app library to Chromebooks – the company announced today at its annual I/O developer conference, thanks to an innovative system of containerization.
The PCWorld Show Episode 17: Google I/O brings Google Home smart hub, Android Auto everywhere and more
Jon, Mark, and Melissa find plenty of consumer news coming out of Google's I/O developer conference: an Amazon Echo knock-off called Google Home, a way to put Android Auto in every car, and a Google Assistant so helpful it even suggests replies while...
Google continues to hone Android's security capabilities, with features in the Android N upgrade due this fall prefaced by the Android for Work security apparatus and other security updates in last year's Android Marshmallow release.
Google has completely redefined what an "app" means, launching Android Instant Apps, which breaks up an app into chunks and allows them to be loaded almost instantly.
Several former Microsoft execs launched a new company that will use Nokia branding for new smartphones and tablets.
Was the Lumia 650 the end of the line for Lumia handsets? Looks like it.
The Moto G4, G4 Play, and G4 Plus are a curious expansion to Motorola's budget smartphone line.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google releases Android 7.1.1 images for Pixel and Nexus devices
- Lenovo promises 12 new Moto Mod add-ons per year
- The Samsung Galaxy Note7's extreme thinness may be behind battery explosions
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- What happens when you send a text message to a landline telephone?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTJunior Business AnalystWA
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTPortal Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerSA
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ArchitectVIC
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramVIC
- FTManager - Superannuation ConsultingNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedVIC
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCEOI - Performance TesterWA