The Torch 9800 could well be the name for Research in Motion's upcoming slider smartphone that features both a touch screen and physical keyboard as well as the next BlackBerry operating system.
Smartphones - News
Apple's preordering system for the iPhone 4 appeared overloaded or broken on Tuesday with many complaining they were locked out from ordering the phone online in advance of its June 24 launch. Thousands of those that visited Apple's preorder page at ...
Samsung is second only to Nokia in global cell phone sales, and recently posted record earnings. However, like Nokia, Samsung has had little to offer in terms of next-generation mobile devices like cutting edge smartphones or tablets...until now. Sam...
A massive $1 trillion deposit of untapped minerals discovered in Afghanistan includes huge amounts of lithium, which is used in batteries for laptops and mobile phones such as the iPhone and BlackBerry.
After applications recently started disappearing from the Android Market, Google continued to have reliability issues with the online store as developers over the weekend experienced issues with erroneous download counts.
Remote staff using Facebook are seen as the biggest security and productivity threat to mobile working, according to research.
Motorola's turning up the heat on the smartphone market -- and this time, it's not only casual consumers the company's eyeing.
Just how strong is the new glass housing on the upcoming Apple iPhone 4? You might want to hold your iPhone 4 tight, as it turns out just a few drops on a flat surface can cause the special glass housing to shatter to pieces.
U.S. regulators are planning to investigate whether Apple is shutting out third parties such as Google and Microsoft in advertising the iPhone and iPad, according to a report published by the Financial Times on Thursday.
Siemens may not be able to bid for telecom projects in Africa any time soon, following a move by Nigeria's Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to invite senior officials of the company in for questioning over an alleged €17.5 million (US$...
Google's Android was promoted as the mobile software of choice for China and Taiwan at a high level telecommunications industry conference in Beijing on Wednesday.
Google has fixed a problem that caused some mobile phone applications to disappear from the Android Market, the company said Tuesday. However, not everyone is convinced that Google's action will put an end to what Android developer Konrad Hübner call...
Microsoft may be the biggest software company in the world, but like everyone else who does a deal with Apple, it too was sworn to secrecy.
Dr. Raymond Soneira runs DisplayMate Technologies, which makes software to test display quality. He also knows more about digital displays than just about anyone I know - and I know some pretty tech-savvy folks.
Google today attacked Apple's apparent decision to ban some third-party ad networks from collecting ad performance data on the iPhone and iPad.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google releases Android 7.1.1 images for Pixel and Nexus devices
- Lenovo promises 12 new Moto Mod add-ons per year
- The Samsung Galaxy Note7's extreme thinness may be behind battery explosions
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- What happens when you send a text message to a landline telephone?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- CCSolution Designer and DeveloperNSW
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- FTAPI Design LeadVIC
- FTService Lifecycle RepresentativeQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperACT
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- TPIT Document Writer And TrainerVIC
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- TPBI DeveloperSA