This would put Samsung at the forefront of display innovation, but it's unclear if the world needs this kind of breakthrough.
Smartphones - News
It's not out yet, but you'll love what Google's added to the preview version of its next version of its mobile operating system.
A French startup opened a crowdfunding campaign for a paper-thin sticker that adheres to the back of a smartphone or tablet, enabling wireless charging from a pad that handles multiple devices at the same time.
Down, but not out: Microsoft is laying off another 1,850 staff from its smartphone hardware business, but says it isn't leaving the market completely.
Google's Project Ara modular smartphone is coming to developers at the end of this year, but it's lost a key part of its vision along the way -- total customizability.
HTC had a busy week in announcing the One M9, A9, and of course 10 will be first in line to get Android N when it exits beta.
Google’s bringing its entire Android mobile app library to Chromebooks – the company announced today at its annual I/O developer conference, thanks to an innovative system of containerization.
The PCWorld Show Episode 17: Google I/O brings Google Home smart hub, Android Auto everywhere and more
Jon, Mark, and Melissa find plenty of consumer news coming out of Google's I/O developer conference: an Amazon Echo knock-off called Google Home, a way to put Android Auto in every car, and a Google Assistant so helpful it even suggests replies while...
Google continues to hone Android's security capabilities, with features in the Android N upgrade due this fall prefaced by the Android for Work security apparatus and other security updates in last year's Android Marshmallow release.
Google has completely redefined what an "app" means, launching Android Instant Apps, which breaks up an app into chunks and allows them to be loaded almost instantly.
Several former Microsoft execs launched a new company that will use Nokia branding for new smartphones and tablets.
Was the Lumia 650 the end of the line for Lumia handsets? Looks like it.
The Moto G4, G4 Play, and G4 Plus are a curious expansion to Motorola's budget smartphone line.
Vodafone has carried out wireless network trials using the emerging Narrow Band-IoT (NB-IoT) standard.
Vodafone has called for an increase to the funding being made available through the federal government’s mobile blackspot program.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Pixel demand is higher than expected, with some pre-orders being pushed back to November
- Beleaguered Samsung now fending off reports of Galaxy S7 Edge phones catching fire
- New Samsung loyalty program hints that the Note line may not be dead after all
- Google's Pixel XL is much easier to repair than the Nexus 6P
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- CCSolutions Architect (Data Warehouse/Application Integration) - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - PeopleSoftQLD
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT
- FTChief Enterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceSA
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCWintel EngineerNSW
- CCNetApp Storage Specialist required to join global company in SydneyNSW
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTProfessional Learning Facilitator - Information ManagementVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCSAP BPC Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerACT
- TPTraining ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCIteration ManagerVIC