Users of Google's Docs hosted office productivity suite will now be able to edit word processing documents from their Android and Apple iOS devices, Google announced on Wednesday.
Smartphones - News
Research in Motion's attitude toward mobile applications seems to be, "If you can't beat 'em, dismiss 'em."
New BlackBerrys will soon look and feel like BlackBerry's Playbook tablet, co-CEO Jim Balsillie strongly suggested at the Web 2.0 Summit on Tuesday.
Given the complexities of different smartphone platforms, software builders embarking on an enterprise application project for these systems must know their audience, an official with smartphone maker RIM said Tuesday.
Smartphone apps are set to become the killer health care product as a research report projects that some 500 million people will be using them within five years.
Google has today unveiled its Maps Navigation Beta service in Australia, offering free turn-by-turn navigation through the Google Maps application on all Android smartphones.
Two-thirds of wireless carriers say their networks are suffering due to the surge in data traffic. They're racing to apply a wide range of technical and tariff changes to cope with the problem, and with the growing customer dissatisfaction, according...
Palm Chief Executive Jon Rubinstein told the Web 2.0 Conference that his company lost some momentum after it was acquired by Hewlett-Packard in April. But Palm will get its mojo back, he says, thanks in part to a host of WebOS devices including smart...
Google CEO Eric Schmidt says smartphones will soon support "bump" technology and mobile payments. These new features will be part of the new version of the Android operating system (2.3, Gingerbread), the release of which could come as soon as this w...
Android-based smartphones with NFC (Near Field Communication) will help turn mobile phones into wallets, but there are issues that have to be solved before that happens, according to analysts.
An Australian coder has posted explanations and videos showing a way to access some private, unmanaged dynamic link libraries on his Samsung Windows Phone 7 handset, and the registry and file system. The announcement is sparking widespread speculatio...
Apple is about to announce that its iTunes store will begin selling music by The Beatles, according to a report by <i>The Wall Street Journal
Dell on Monday said it will start pushing out Google's Android 2.2 OS to Streak handheld devices, which had been criticized for carrying an old version of the Android OS.
The latest version of Google Maps on Android comes with Hotspot, a new "local recommendation engine" that will help users discover places based on ratings from themselves and their friends, Google said in a blog post.
Android faces a new threat with a lawsuit that Vertical Computer Systems filed Monday against Samsung and LG.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- What happens when you send a text message to a landline telephone?
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Motorola looks to pair Moto Z for a dance with Tango
- Google may be testing out a new card-based layout for the Play Store
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumor roundup: Here's everything we know so far
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCAPI DeveloperSA
- CCRecruitment ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Security Advisor - CISSP - Permanent - Nth SydNSW
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Network EngineerSA
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCMid Level .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTProduct OwnerVIC
- FTTelco TechnicianNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Finance - CBDNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- CCProgram Manager BankingNSW
- CCUser Interface(UI) DeveloperVIC
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraVIC
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCProject Coordinator - Junior PM (ERP)ACT
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD