Hacking-happy users of iPhone 3G and 3GS models can now unlock their phones to work with other carriers, thanks to a new hack. The iPhone Dev Team released this weekend a new carrier unlock for the older iPhone models, which allows you to use any SIM...
Smartphones - News
I use an iPhone 4. I upgraded to the iPhone 4 from an iPhone 3GS. However, prior to making the switch to the iPhone I relied on Windows Mobile smartphones for years. With all of the excitement generated by Windows Phone 7, though, I felt it was worth...
Symbian Foundation has started dismantling itself. On Dec.17 the organization will shut down its websites, and anyone who wants to get the source code for the current version of the Symbian mobile operating system should download it now or they will ...
Three developers have released software that allows Windows Phone 7 users to "sideload" applications onto their phones, giving access to applications that have not been approved by Microsoft.
Microsoft has started letting developers build and release applications for Windows Phone 7 using Visual Basic, potentially opening the door to more applications on the new smartphone platform.
Popular talk show host, Oprah Winfrey, has agreed to use Telstra's telco services while in Australia. The company claimed around 300 of Winfrey's viewers would get free access and infrastructure during the stay.
Apple has started a store-wide 'shopping event' on the online Apple store, as well as in Australian retail stores. Discounts on many Apple and third-party iPhone, iPad, Mac and iPod products are available, and free shipping is included on all sale it...
Employees are more likely to advocate for their companies if they're optimistic about technology, though IT pros themselves aren't especially big corporate boosters according to a new Forrester Research study.
A growing number of mobile operators are rolling out HD voice in their networks, allowing customers with compatible phones to make calls with better voice quality. The operators have been encouraged to invest in the technology by an increase in the n...
Apps in the Android Market will display content ratings starting in a few weeks, Google said Wednesday.
Days after Apple released the iOS 4.2 software update for iPhones and iPads, another update to the OS is rumored to be arriving in December, together with News Corp's iPad-only news app. A corroborated report from Apple-centric blog MacStories claims...
Motorola has just announced the release of the first ruggedised Android smartphone, the Motorola Defy.
Companies including Mozilla, Opera Software, Palm and Sony Ericsson are trying to accelerate the use of Web standards when developing applications for smartphones.
Nearly five months after Apple rolled out iOS 4 in tandem with the iPhone 4 launch, it has released the latest update for the software that powers its touch-screen lineup: iOS 4.2.1 (along with version 4.1 for the latest-generation Apple TV). The fre...
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm details plans for Windows 10 PCs with Snapdragon 835
- Cog Systems offers more secure version of HTC A9 smartphone
- Intel isn't yet done with x86 smartphone chips
- Nokia, Sprint show a massive MIMO antenna to boost cell service
- Sony's Xperia XZ Premium has a 4K HDR screen, super slow-mo
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMicrosoft ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - ITMSP - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Policy AnalystsACT
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- FTMicrosoft ProgrammerSA
- CCProject Manager - Telco Networks EngineeringVIC
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC
- FTPre- Sales Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- TPDeployment Specialist (DevOps)QLD
- CCSalesforce - Functional Analyst (BA)NSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer/ Network AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Change - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSystems Engineer (Systems Architect/Designer)VIC
- TPDigital Strategist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- CCBPM Technical AnalystVIC
- CCSME in Openstack, AWSNSW
- CCInfrastructure Test AnalystACT
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - Six Sigma Black BeltVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)Other
- CCTest AnalystQLD