It's not here yet, but next week Microsoft is hosting a media event where it is expected to unveil launch details for the highly-anticipated Windows Phone 7 platform. With Microsoft's virtual absence from the smartphone arena in recent years, and the...
Microsoft will unveil devices running its new Windows Phone 7 operating system for the first time Monday at an event in New York that some experts predict will be a make-or-break product launch.
Chinese users wanting to buy an iPhone 4 best first place a reservation before venturing to an Apple Store. With the device selling out in retail outlets across China, Apple is now requiring all potential customers to first reserve the device online,...
Mozilla has released the first beta versions of Firefox 4 for mobile phones. Versions are available for download for Android-based smartphones and for the Nokia N900, Mozilla said in blog post on Thursday.
An Australian-designed application that allows users to order take away food via an iPhone, iPod Touch or Apple iPad launched this week.
Although Android-based devices have been making headway onto enterprise IT networks, the Droid Pro could be the first one to really blow the doors off.
Just days after Microsoft sued Motorola for infringing its patents with Android phones, the two companies are now saying they might work together to build a smartphone based on the upcoming Windows Phone 7 OS. On October 11 Microsoft will unveil the ...
Apple's iPhone 4 and iPad made up about half of new activations of mobile devices among businesses during the last three months, while Android smartphones again gained more marketshare, according to two new studies.
Citrix has developed Project GoldenGate, a prototype e-mail application for smartphones and tablets that can secure e-mails based on location and adapt the user interface depending on the device.
Some wireless application developers are hesitant about next week's launch of Windows Phone 7 devices, preferring to wait and see how the phones sell before investing big in the platform.
Apple's iOS and Google's Android OS dominate the new non-BlackBerry installations in enterprises across the globe between July and September 2010, according to Good Technology's tally of what the mobility management vendor's customers are deploying. ...
To paraphrase American author Mark Twain, the rumors of the death of WebOS have been greatly exaggerated. An HP executive has confirmed that new WebOS smartphones will be introduced by HP in early 2011.
Mobile operating systems will be key to changing the way enterprises work, AT&T's chief of mobility said on Wednesday.
Motorola has filed two patent lawsuits and a patent complaint with the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) alleging that a wide range of Apple products infringe its patents.
The last time Nielsen declared Android to be the most popular smartphone operating system in the United States, Google's victory was incomplete. Apple hadn't launched the iPhone 4 yet, and sales were bound to spike in the months that followed.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
- Two Sony Xperia Z3 phones now support Android N preview
- Samsung shows off 'pink gold' Galaxy S7, S7 Edge
- Microsoft might be eyeing a Surface phone with a trackpoint/fingerprint reader
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- FTIT Support Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTSecurity Accreditation - IT Security AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCSiebel AnalystACT