AVG Technologies Tuesday announced plans to buy out Israel-based start-up DroidSecurity for an undisclosed price by year-end.
Smartphones - News
Apple's iPhone remains the most reliable smartphone, edging out hard-charging Android-based handsets made by Motorola and HTC, says a provider of after-sale warranties.
Although businesses have been spending more money on Android-based phones recently, they'll have their first opportunity on Tuesday to order an Android phone tailored specifically to enterprise users.
Consumers can't get enough of Windows Phone 7, according to reports of strong customer demand Tuesday. T-Mobile, one of two U.S. wireless carriers currently offering Win Phone 7 devices, can't keep the Win Phone 7-based HTC DH7 in stock (it sold out...
Motorola is set to ratchet up the competition in Australia for high-end smartphones based on version 2.2 (Froyo) of the Android operating system, announcing today that its latest Milestone 2 device would be available through Vodafone and Optus in Dec...
While Apple has major momentum in the mobile application developer space, there is room for other companies to steal Apple's thunder, according to an analyst report released earlier this month.
The HTC DH7, one of the first smartphones featuring the Windows Phone 7 OS, has sold out, one day after its release. This instantaneous success can be credited either to HTC's impressive track list of making great smartphones or the public's strong i...
Microsoft sued Motorola on Tuesday in a Washington court, alleging that Motorola is refusing to license patents on a reasonable basis, as it promised during standards-setting processes.
If you’ve found yourself playing catch-up on Google Android, here’s a selection of resources from Network World and our sister publications to get you up to speed quickly.
Samsung has sold three million Galaxy S series smartphones in the United States since the phones were introduced in July, according to a Reuters report. The company adopted a multicarrier strategy and has slight variations of the phone on all four ma...
A security researcher is asserting that Apple has made a poor security decision by allowing its Safari browser to honor requests from third-party applications to perform actions such as making a phone call without warning a user.
Opera Software has released its Mobile 10.1 beta for Android, joining the battle for browser supremacy on Android-based smartphones.
The other night, I was using the Netflix app on my iPhone 4 and had a shocking revelation: this is one of the worst designed, "professional" apps I've ever seen. Yes, I can stream video over 3G. I can search for movies and manage my queue. In most ar...
As the first U.S. Windows Phone 7 handsets go on sale Monday, Nov. 8, Microsoft shrewdly has created an application environment that will make the phones instantly useable for many of the e-mail, social networking, photo, video and work tasks people ...
As expected, Windows Phone 7 doesn't have a lot of apps at launch, but new data suggests the count is growing quickly.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Android's next destination: Untethered VR headsets with Snapdragon 835
- MWC 17: What's coming, what's not, and what we really want to see
- Xiaomi planning second version of its revolutionary Mi Mix ‘bezel-less’ phone
- 5G progress at Ericsson could help enterprises work worldwide
- Apple smartphones outsold Samsung's in Q4
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCServiceNOW DeveloperNSW
- TPBI Commercial AnalystVIC
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCERP Business Analyst (Time Capture/ Management) - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- TPSystem AdministratorVIC
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - PeopleSoft HR/Payroll ProjectVIC
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Database AdministratorVIC
- TPCrystal Reports DeveloperSA
- TP.Net DeveloperSA
- FTBusiness Intelligence Analyst / DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Architect (Adelaide Based)VIC
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- FTDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Permanent - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW