If you can't say something in 160 characters or less, don't say anything.
Smartphones - News
By all accounts, I am a BlackBerry "power user."
It looks like Steve Jobs' dream of family-friendly technology might just come true. On Tuesday an Apple patent for an "anti-sexting" device was approved by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Android 2.2, or "Froyo," may still be in the process of rolling out to users, but Google is already hard at work on "Gingerbread," the upcoming version of the mobile operating system that most expect to be numbered 3.0.
After a UK exec spilled the beans, Microsoft officially announced that it will be releasing a tool to allow phones running its Windows Phone 7 software to sync some content with Apple Macintosh computers. The official announcement lacked the promise ...
It's not the most likely scenario, but if you own a Mac and have a Windows Phone 7 smartphone you can sync data between the two. Microsoft said in a statement to Engadget "later in 2010" Mac users will get a software tool to sync their computers wit...
The recession in 2009 led to a small reduction in Bluetooth devices shipped globally, but upcoming low-energy Bluetooth devices will trigger renewed growth in those short-distance wireless devices, especially for phones and industrial and medical gea...
Laptop lock maker Kensington claims it has solved the riddle of how to make more people tether their expensive portables to deter theft - make it easier to attach and detach the security cable.
Singapore Airlines has announced that it will soon provide in-flight mobile phone and Internet access for its passengers, thanks to a multimillion dollar collaboration with OnAir.
There was plenty of phones, even more slides, a list of important speakers and some glamour and hullabaloo as Microsoft launched Windows Phone 7 in AUstralia.
Microsoft has finally unveiled the Windows Phone 7 platform -- including a diverse selection of ten different Windows Phone 7 smartphones right out of the gate. Despite Microsoft's struggles getting into gear in the mobile game, Windows Phone 7 looks...
Android has not had the best luck in penetrating the enterprise market, with less than 30 per cent of all enterprise activations, according to the latest survey by Good Technology.
The amount of time mobile application developers spent testing on Android devices has increased significantly over the last year, a study has found.
Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC joined a number of rivals in launching new handsets with Microsoft's new Windows Phone 7 OS on Monday, a feat HTC's CEO says came together very fast.
Microsoft needed to take risks and make a mobile splash in order to remake its image as a technology leader, but instead displayed ineptness in the unveiling of Windows Phone 7 (WP7) today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Allo 2.0 update brings app shortcuts, GIF keyboard support, and several new features
- Pixel demand is higher than expected, with some pre-orders being pushed back to November
- Beleaguered Samsung now fending off reports of Galaxy S7 Edge phones catching fire
- New Samsung loyalty program hints that the Note line may not be dead after all
- Google's Pixel XL is much easier to repair than the Nexus 6P
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCData ScientistVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HACMP/Oracle) 161103/SA/335Asia
- CCSenior Technical Specialist SQL & Sybase DBAVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager (HR, Payroll)VIC
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Senior IT Assistant (Lotus Notes) 161101/SITA/571Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCDesktop SupportNSW
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - PeopleSoftQLD
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - BankingNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Windows Server) 161031/AP/962Asia
- CCBusiness Specialist - TelcoQLD
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementSA
- CCService Now DeveloperVIC
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperSA