More consumers will be buying a smartphone in the next three months than ever before. And the big winner, by a big margin, is the super-achieving Apple iPhone.
Smartphones - News
As a chorus of pitchfork wielding iPhone 4 customers are demanding Apple admit to antenna problems, a less vocal minority are defending Apple. A cadre of noted analysts and influential bloggers are taking Apple's side in the antenna debacle.
Pardon the produce-heavy language, but Apple is in one serious pickle.
Microsoft will release its first full-featured Bing search client for Android in the next six weeks, matching the search capabilities that Microsoft offers for the iPhone, company executives said Tuesday.
Facebook has about 150 million mobile users, up from just 100 million in April, and is counting on cell phones as the key platform for the future, according to the social-networking giant's head of mobile products, Eric Tseng.
Making a critical move in mobile application development, Microsoft on Monday shipped a beta version of its Windows&nbsp; Phone 7 Developer Tools, but early reaction from some developers was tepid.
Hoping to make the most of a dispute between Google and Apple, Jumptap is offering developers who sign onto its mobile ad network the chance to collect 100 percent of their advertising revenue for a limited time.
Taiwanese chipset developer MediaTek will start rolling out low-cost chipsets designed for handsets that use Google's Android mobile software in the third quarter of this year, promising to drive down the cost of such handsets in China.
Verizon Wireless on Thursday will start selling Motorola's highly anticipated smartphone, the Droid X, a faster and multimedia-savvy successor to the original Droid that was introduced in October last year.
Lose your phone much? If so, you may want to consider one running Windows Phone 7 (WP7) for your next replacement.
Google's AdMob business could not deliver advertising through iAd if Apple began enforcing a policy that restricts the involvement of companies that have their own mobile operating systems, said Omar Hamoui, vice president of mobile ads at Google.
Telstra and HTC this afternoon revealed that the telco had won an exclusive deal to launch HTC's Android-based Wildfire handset in Australia in August -- but details remain scant as to pricing and availability.
Researchers at Flinders University in Adelaide have developed a way to expand the reach of mobile phone networks by turning each mobile into a mesh network node using standard wireless technology.
Despite recent reports that say Google's Android market will soon have 100,000 mobile phone apps, Google is still far short of the 225,000 apps available for the iPhone. But Google is enlisting a new weapon in its attempts to overtake Apple's numeric...
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer promised a sports arena filled with Microsoft partners that, within months, a number of Windows-based tablets would be hitting the market, and that the company is urgently working to bring its Windows 7 smartphone OS to ma...
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- 5G progress at Ericsson could help enterprises work worldwide
- Apple smartphones outsold Samsung's in Q4
- Apple joins Wireless Power Consortium, charging up iPhone 8 rumor
- Google might be gearing up to remove millions of Play Store apps next month
- Now you can control your smart devices from your Pixel, no Google Home required
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCNetwork ArchitectWA
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCLevel 2 IT Service Desk OfficerQLD
- FTHRIS ConsultantQLD
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerVIC
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- FTPython DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- TPWinforms DevelopersWA
- FTSenior Project Manager - PERMANENTACT
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPTechnical Support Resource-Skype for BusinessVIC
- CCData Analyst - AutoHaulWA
- TPEnvironment Specialist(DevOps)QLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional ConsultantACT
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- FTRegional Sales ManagerACT
- FTPMO Specialist - PermanentACT
- TPSOE AdministratorQLD
- CCServiceNOW DeveloperNSW
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSalesforce AdministratorQLD