The fourth beta of the iPhone 4.0 OS hints that AT&T might finally enable Internet tethering, after the carrier failed to activate the feature for almost a year since Apple introduced the capability.
Motorola Inc. today announced two managed services to help companies with limited resources keep mobile devices and wireless LANs up and running.
The smartphone's impact on the mobile phone marketplace globally is well-established, but smartphone growth continues its upward trend in fairly astounding degrees, according to market research firm Gartner Inc.
Hewlett-Packard Co. (HP) reported a 13% revenue increase Tuesday for its most recent quarter, a clear sign that IT spending is on the mend.
Researchers at Georgia Institute of Technology are harvesting energy through activities like walking or running that could power or recharge smartphones and portable music players in the future.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) is using National Law Week to highlight the dangers of mobile phone scams.
Worldwide mobile game sales are forecast to pass USD$5.6 billion in 2010, according to research firm Gartner, which would represent a 19 per cent increase from 2009 revenue figures of $4.7 billion.
Friends, readers, Kindlemen: Allow me to pose a question. If you could get digital books on the smartphone you already carry, would you still buy a dedicated e-reader?
Hewlett-Packard has already said it will use Palm's webOS in smartphones and slate computers, but on Tuesday it revealed it has another category of products in mind: printers.
Kindle software for some Android smartphones will soon be available for free, granting access to 500,000 Kindle e-books, according to Amazon.com.
Visa expects soon to begin trials of contactless payments system for Apple's iPhone, using a special case for the phone developed by DeviceFidelity.
Semiconductor research firm Chipworks has disassembled Microsoft's Kin Two smartphone to find that the device is powered by an aging Tegra chip from Nvidia that could be outdated by the end of this year.
Facebook is launching a new mobile site designed to be a speedier and cheaper option to its main mobile site.
Controlling a coilgun from your iPhone? I guess there's an app for that too!
The 10-year Interphone study of the health effects of mobile-phone use has found no increased risk of two types of brain tumors. Although some of the data shows an increased risk for some mobile-phone users, the possibility of errors prevents researc...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- 34 per cent of global online transactions made mobile: Adyen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC