A standards group on Tuesday approved specifications for a new Bluetooth standard that speeds up wireless data transfers between devices like smartphones and laptops.
Smartphones - News
Out with the old iPhone, in with the new?
Oracle's planned acquisition of Sun Microsystems probably won't immediately affect the world of mobile Java, some industry observers said, though over time the company might have an interest in steering the technology to its benefit.
Criminals are willing to pay thousands of euros for a discontinued Nokia mobile phone with a software problem that can be exploited to hack into online bank accounts, according to a fraud investigator in the Netherlands.
Nokia's iPhone-wannabe 5800 XpressMusic smartphone is <a href="http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-Wireless/Consumers-Seeking-Cheap-Smartphones-678251/?kc=rss">doing great</a>, analysts say. But Nokia as a whole is expected to report a steep drop in ...
Cellcrypt, a British vendor of software for encrypting cell phone calls, has set up shop in Silicon Valley and is getting a product ready for North America's beloved BlackBerry.
Struggling Sony Ericsson plans to cut another 2,000 jobs after shipments and market share dipped during the first quarter.
Google CEO Eric Schmidt on Thursday predicted good times ahead for Android, the company's mobile phone OS and software.
Underneath the sleek exterior, the multi-touch display and the sliding keyboard of the upcoming Palm Pre smartphone is the real innovation: a new kind of operating system designed with the mobile Web in mind.
Adoption of mid-range smartphones is set to buck the trend of falling revenue in the mobile market this year.
Famed Mac hacker Charlie Miller has found another possible security vulnerability in Apple's iPhone.
Nokia Thursday reported first-quarter sales down about 27 percent year-on-year, as sales of mobile phones dropped below 100 million units.
The Wall Street Journal has jumped on the mobile content bandwagon and released an application for the iPhone. The financial newspaper set the price point at free -- ironic, given that the Journal's online content comes at a price of US$103 per year,...
At the International CTIA Wireless show in Las Vegas earlier this month, Nokia had one of the biggest booths, but it was mostly hidden near the back of a major hall.<br/>
The standard architecture that will realize the promise of mobile phones won't be hardware or software but a cloud-based platform that lets users navigate their contacts and content related to them, according to a former Nokia executive.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Android device updates: the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are finally getting Nougat
- HTC's U Ultra flagship attacks the high end with a glass back, an AI companion, and a second screen
- The iPhone turns 10: Apple CEO Tim Cook promises 'the best is yet to come'
- Nokia returns to smartphones at long last, but you can't buy it (and probably don't want to)
- Google releases Android 7.1.1 images for Pixel and Nexus devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementSA
- CCTest Automation ArchitectQLD
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- FTDeveloper - Java, Mule ESBNSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerQLD
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- CCWebMethod DeveloperQLD
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CC3x DevOps / Integration Developers l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DNSW
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- TPProject Manager with a Development BackgroundQLD
- TPSharePoint SpecialistVIC