Verizon Wireless has released a firmware update for its Research in Motion BlackBerry Storm device. The 18.104.22.168 update is now available via the phone's Desktop Software Manager -- accessible by connecting your phone to your PC and running BlackBerry...
The struggling global economy has taken a toll on worldwide smart phone sales in the third quarter, with sales growth the weakest in four years, according to new data from <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/action/inform.do?command=search&sear...
After warning less than a month ago that the worldwide handset market would do worse than expected this year and next, Nokia on Thursday revised down its expectations again.
Third-quarter growth in the global smartphone market was its weakest year-on-year since Gartner started tracking the market, but Apple's iPhone stood apart with strong gains.
Research In Motion's preliminary results for its just-concluded fiscal third quarter fell below its earlier forecast, with economic woes and product delays the prime culprits, the company said Wednesday.
Smartphone maker HTC said on Wednesday that it bought San Francisco design firm One &. for an undisclosed sum.
Melbourne company Kogan today announced Australia's first mobile phone to ship with Google's Android operating system. The phone is just the second in the world to have the Android OS preinstalled, after T-Mobile launched the G1 in the US in Septembe...
Open-Xchange, which makes an e-mail and document server, has added support for some Apple applications due to increased demand, the company said Tuesday.
Nokia announced more details about its upcoming Messaging platform, which will add support for mobile e-mail and instant messaging to its phones, at its World 08 conference in Barcelona on Tuesday.
Nokia continues to push navigation on mobile phones, announcing Tuesday at its World 08 conference in Barcelona a version of its Maps software as well as Maps on Ovi, which will compete with Google Maps.
Hackers have managed to load Linux on to Apple's iPhone.
HTC, maker of the original Google phone, is boasting that demand is so high that sales will reach a million by the end of the year.
Economic woes slashed mobile phone sales growth in the third quarter of this year as consumers waited longer to replace their handsets, and the market is likely to contract next year, according to Gartner.
Nokia is developing a device to link mobile phones to home automation systems. Using a mobile phone consumers will be able monitor and control security, heating, and ventilation systems via its gateway Home Control Center, Nokia announced on Thursday...
The U.K.'s advertising regulator banned a video advertisement for Apple's 3G iPhone, saying Wednesday that the ad exaggerates the phone's speed and is misleading.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- 34 per cent of global online transactions made mobile: Adyen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PEXASA
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Supply ChainVIC
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- FTServer EngineerNSW