Apple has bought Poly9, a Quebec-based online mapping company, and has relocated most of the firm's employees to Apple's Silicon Valley offices, according to a report by French-Canadian news site Cyberpresse. PCWorld was unable to reach either Apple ...
A top Microsoft executive today compared Apple's iPhone 4 to his own company's problem-plagued Vista operating system.
Pixel Qi is trying to meet the growing demand for its innovative 3Qi displays, and has resumed shipment after a rash of orders for the low-power screens, the company said on Wednesday.
More consumers will be buying a smartphone in the next three months than ever before. And the big winner, by a big margin, is the super-achieving Apple iPhone.
As a chorus of pitchfork wielding iPhone 4 customers are demanding Apple admit to antenna problems, a less vocal minority are defending Apple. A cadre of noted analysts and influential bloggers are taking Apple's side in the antenna debacle.
Pardon the produce-heavy language, but Apple is in one serious pickle.
Microsoft will release its first full-featured Bing search client for Android in the next six weeks, matching the search capabilities that Microsoft offers for the iPhone, company executives said Tuesday.
Facebook has about 150 million mobile users, up from just 100 million in April, and is counting on cell phones as the key platform for the future, according to the social-networking giant's head of mobile products, Eric Tseng.
Making a critical move in mobile application development, Microsoft on Monday shipped a beta version of its Windows&nbsp; Phone 7 Developer Tools, but early reaction from some developers was tepid.
Hoping to make the most of a dispute between Google and Apple, Jumptap is offering developers who sign onto its mobile ad network the chance to collect 100 percent of their advertising revenue for a limited time.
Taiwanese chipset developer MediaTek will start rolling out low-cost chipsets designed for handsets that use Google's Android mobile software in the third quarter of this year, promising to drive down the cost of such handsets in China.
Verizon Wireless on Thursday will start selling Motorola's highly anticipated smartphone, the Droid X, a faster and multimedia-savvy successor to the original Droid that was introduced in October last year.
Lose your phone much? If so, you may want to consider one running Windows Phone 7 (WP7) for your next replacement.
Google's AdMob business could not deliver advertising through iAd if Apple began enforcing a policy that restricts the involvement of companies that have their own mobile operating systems, said Omar Hamoui, vice president of mobile ads at Google.
Telstra and HTC this afternoon revealed that the telco had won an exclusive deal to launch HTC's Android-based Wildfire handset in Australia in August -- but details remain scant as to pricing and availability.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
- Rumor check: Everything we think we know about the Galaxy Note 7
- Windows 10 phones finally gain NFC payment support as Wallet 2.0 rolls out in preview
- Moto Mods for the Moto Z won't be cheap, with costs ranging from US$69 to US$299
- Report: NFC tap-to-pay coming soon to Windows 10 Mobile
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW