The iPhone 4's antenna and reception problems have given pause to two out of three current iPhone owners, who said they would postpone upgrading to the new model, said research firm IDC.
Smartphones - News
Apple on Friday quelled concerns on iPhone 4's signal and reception issues, but the company needs to shed its mask of secrecy and be quicker in addressing customer concerns before such issues spiral out of control, analysts said.
Revenue from mobile video services is expected to top US$2 billion worldwide in 2013, according to the latest data from ABI Research.
Apple's flagship iPhone 4 handset will be launched in Australia on Friday, July 30, according to the company's chief executive, Steve Jobs.
HTC is on a roll, producing high-quality and high-demand smartphones left and right. HTC's latest creation -- the HTC Desire HD, an update to its original Desire model -- had its specs leaked by an online U.K. retailer. Looks like it could be another...
Developers at an open source company in Spain are leading an effort to boost PHP application development for Android-based phones.
Google, which broke mobile industry practice last year by offering the Nexus One smartphone for sale exclusively on its website, has received its last shipment of the device for online sale.
Today's Apple press conference was a strange mix of finger pointing, random sales figures and statistics and--surprise!--some actual accountability and solutions for the iPhone 4's antenna woes. At the end of the conference, Apple CEO Steve Jobs fina...
Image is everything. And that's why Apple must terminate the iPhone 4 as quickly as possible.
Apple announced several measures Friday to keep iPhone 4 users "happy" and to turn the controversy over the smartphone's occasional reception issues into a "non-issue." Again.
Apple's news conference last week on the iPhone 4 antenna and reception fiasco gets an A- grade, but its overall response rates just a C, according to a crisis communications expert.
Complaints and theories about the iPhone 4 reception problems are coming from what seems like every pundit and consumer in the country, and now a senator is getting in on the action.
Apple today released an update to iOS 4 for the iPhone 3g, 3gs, and iPhone 4.
Although Motorola's brand new Droid X smartphone and the original Droid bear similar names, they are very different devices.
Warnings by Apple's top antenna expert that the iPhone 4 design could clobber signal strength and lead to dropped calls were ignored by the company's top executives, according to a Bloomberg News story today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
- New Windows 10 preview adds an iPhone Live Photos rival, Windows Ink improvements
- The Note7 will cost Samsung another US$3 billion in profit
- Google Phone app 5.1 adds in new gestures and interface tweaks
- Some reports of faulty Note7s invalidated
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (J2EE/JAVA/Web) 161012/SSA/552Asia
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security/Admin.) 161014/SA/253Asia
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- CCResident Engineer - Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K & 9KNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC