Apple, which revolutionised the music industry with the launch of iPod and iTunes, has launched a major push to steal listeners from rival streaming services and, for the first time, land on Android phones.
Asustek Computer has built an Android smartphone with 13-megapixel cameras front and back for the selfie lover.
Once again, Google I/O was held at the Moscone Center in downtown San Francisco, May 28 and 29. As Google's annual confab for third-party developers, engineers from across the world attended the show to hear about Google's latest products and service...
Google Now is getting new capabilities with a new "Now on Tap" update that should make it easier to find contextually-relevant information.
Google on Thursday gave a quick glimpse of a variety of new features coming to its next-generation operating system, dubbed Android M, during a keynote at Google I/O.
Google has made a big play for the Internet of Things, announcing a new OS on Thursday that will connect appliances around the home and allow them to be controlled from an Android smartphone or tablet.
Google is overhauling its approach to mobile payments with Android Pay, which will let people use their smartphone to make payments in brick and mortar stores as well as in apps like Lyft and GrubHub.
Woolworths will re-enter the mobile space as a mobile virtual network operator on parts of Telstra’s 3G network.
Lenovo’s acquisition of Motorola is beginning to bear fruits as it prepares to bring the Moto Maker program to Australia.
China’s Oppo is not resting on its laurels with the unveiling of its R7 series yesterday in Beijing. The smartphone benefits from a maturing set of technologies and will compete against LG’s G4 flagship when it is released later this year.
A mysterious Apple smartphone posted to the company’s official website has the Internet convinced it could be the successor to the iPhone 5C.
LG has commenced a global roll out of its flagship G4 smartphone, but Australia will have to wait until the second half of 2015 before its local release.
Vodafone is adding three 4G smartphones to its introductory plans in an effort to drive Internet traffic on its network.
Optus and Vodafone spokespeople confirmed to Good Gear Guide support for Wi-Fi Calling in Australia is coming, with Optus expected to make the announcement soon in “mid-2015”
Telstra is fending off competition from Optus with the introduction of Internet sharing plans and bundled content packages.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Is the smartphone market saturated?
- Not all Lumia smartphones will get an upgrade to Windows 10
- Motorola's revamped Moto range is coming to Australia
- OnePlus 2 goes official from $329
- Most Android phones can be hacked with a simple MMS message or multimedia file
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW