Research In Motion on Friday confirmed that NTT DoCoMo has halted sales of the BlackBerry Bold smartphone in Japan due to overheating, but said that the battery wasn't the source of the problem.
Amazon.com will let copyright holders opt out of having their books read aloud on the company's Kindle 2 book reader, in an apparent concession to concerns raised about the device's text-to-speech feature.
The NSW government has spent more than $5 million issuing police with portable digital fingerprint scanners to stop criminals weaseling out of fines, arrest warrants, court appearances and breaches of bail.
Rather than building a Zune-branded smartphone, Microsoft plans to take the software and online store it built for its Zune media player and bring them to your television set in the hopes of emulating Apple's phenomenally successful iTunes Store. But...
People who bought an unlocked version of the Android G1 phone are no longer allowed to download new paid applications from the Market, after a change Google made late last week.
We've had virtual storage, virtual machines and virtual data centres now VMware is looking to the next frontier: the virtual mobile phone.
A hacking contest slated for next month will award cash prizes of $10,000 to anyone who can break into the most popular smartphones, including Apple's iPhone and Research in Motion's BlackBerry.
For a cool US$200, Android G1 users can buy at least one app that iPhone users can't: the "I am Richer" application.
IPhone users have short attention spans according Pinch Media's research that helps developers track the use of their iPhone applications.
Suspicious phone conversations on Skype could be targeted for tapping as part of a pan-European crackdown on what law authorities believe is a massive technical loophole in current wiretapping laws, allowing criminals to communicate without fear of b...
The world's largest mobile phone vendor and the biggest cellular chip developer said Tuesday they plan to make 3G (third-generation) mobile devices together for the North American market.
Mozilla is backing a move that would nullify copyright infringement charges against people who "jailbreak" their iPhones, a practice that Apple considers against the law.
Microsoft stated emphatically Monday that it would not be building a phone; instead it would roll out services and rely on partners to supply the hardware.
A flock of new mobile devices unveiled this week at Mobile World Congress are part of the trend toward Linux-powered mobility, incorporating the open-source software stack from the LiMo Foundation.
Just as competition is heating up among mobile browsers, Opera may hope to grow its user base through deals with Yahoo and Vodafone.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Galaxy Note 6 rumors hint at IR autofocus, USB-C connectivity, new Snapdragon SoC
- LG shows off a smartphone display panel with integrated fingerprint reader
- Smartphone uptake passes its peak as industry appetite wanes
- Telstra commits $50 million to cut mobile outages
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCService Desk OperatorACT
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- CCTechnical WriterACT