Microsoft is reportedly spending $500 million to launch its Windows Phone 7, and maybe the product needs it. But does that mean it will be a flop or success? For Microsoft, the price tag doesn't seem to make a difference.
Smartphones - News
Research In Motion has offered to lead an industry forum in India focused on supporting the lawful access needs of law enforcement agencies, while preserving the legitimate information security needs of corporations and other organizations in India, ...
Remember wristwatches? With the surge in smartphones and their instant access to time and other information, fewer people seem to wear a watch these days.
Hunting for the best BlackBerry apps? Try the productivity tools, utilities, and entertainment titles we've collected here.
Here are the top productivity tools, utilities, and games for smartphones based on Google's Android OS.
Telstra and Microsoft gave journalists tantalising glimpses this week of how and when the software giant's upcoming range of Windows Phone 7 handsets might launch in Australia -- but without adding any real substantive meat to their local launch plan...
Microsoft is preparing for the launch of its new Windows Phone 7 mobile operating system and Marketplace app store by releasing the final version of the Windows Phone Developer Tools on 17 September.
Nokia's Symbian-based 5250 phone is its cheapest touchscreen smartphone yet at €115 (US$145) -- but to get the price that low, Nokia has had to ditch some of the features of its predecessor.
Microsoft says that it has more than 300,000 downloads of beta tools for developers creating applications for its Windows Phone 7 app store, which is set to compete with the app-laden marketplaces for the iPhone and Android phones.
Remember when Princess Leia's holographic distress call blew you away? Nokia and Intel announced that they'll try to put similar 3D technology on mobile phones.
Just days after making its updated version of App World available to all, Research In Motion acquired Cellmania, a company that offers back-end infrastructure for application stores.
Huawei Technologies plans to launch the U8150, which is based on Android version 2.2, at the Internationale Funkaustellung (IFA) consumer electronics show, the company said via e-mail.
Dell on Tuesday dived into the highly competitive smartphone market, releasing the Aero in the U.S.
A proposal by the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) to require all mobile devices sold in the U.S. to include FM radio chips is meeting growing opposition from IT and mobile trade groups.
The Windows Phone Developer Tools have been downloaded more than 300,000 times, Microsoft said, as the company prepares to offer a new application store and mobile operating system.
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo to integrate Amazon Alexa in Moto smartphones
- HMD's new Nokia 3310 turns back the clock -- and turns heads
- Huawei showcases new phones in Barcelona, gets mobbed by eager crowds
- Nostalgia rules as classic phone brands come alive at MWC
- Huawei's P10 camera-phone comes in more colors than the rainbow
PCW Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCBPM Technical AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC
- CCSME in Openstack, AWSNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- TPAgile Project Manager. Sharepoint / PeoplesoftNSW
- CCService Desk Analyst - TelcoTAS
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Internet of ThingsNSW
- TPiOS Developer (Mobile)NSW
- CCSAP Consultant - SAP Native HANA to DesignWA
- CCMarketing SpecialistNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FT.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- CCApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSales Account Manager | Cloud Solutions | Global Tech GiantNSW
- FTPresales Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCDeployment EngineerSA