After delays, Qualcomm will start shipping its fastest Snapdragon dual-core chip for smartphones and tablets in the fourth quarter, with devices possibly launching by the end of this year, the company said on Monday.
Smartphones - News
Research in Motion (RIM) and Saudi Arabia have arrived at a preliminary agreement that will involve the company setting up its server there and providing the government access to the data, according to media reports on Saturday from Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Arabia's telecom regulator stepped up the pressure late Saturday on Research In Motion (RIM) by giving three local telecommunications operators up to the end of Monday to ensure that the BlackBerry service meets with its regulations.
Research in Motion is getting a tough lesson in geopolitics.
Apple has rolled out some tweaks to fine tune the App Store shopping experience. The effort is commendable, but is woefully inadequate. Try Before You Buy and a Genius feature are both great ideas, but what both Apple's App Store and Google's Android...
The Apple executive in charge of iPhone engineering and responsible for the innovative--yet problem prone--antenna design on the iPhone 4 has left the company. Based on Apple's response to "antennagate", and Steve Jobs press conference to address iss...
There's no denying that Google's Android operating system is a striking success. Consumer and business users are buying more than 200,000 Android-based mobile phones and other devices daily, according to Google CEO Eric Schmid.
Mark Papermaster, Apple's senior vice president of engineering for the iPhone and iPod, is leaving the firm, according to reports by The New York Times.
Oh, that Microsoft. She's such a tease.
Nokia has started beta testing a new service called Listings, which will be a digital marketplace where people in emerging markets can look for a job or buy or sell goods using their Nokia phone, the company said in <a href="http://betalabs.nokia.com...
Indonesia is continuing to press Research In Motion (RIM) to allow monitoring of BlackBerry data for security reasons, a request made last year but renewed as the Canadian company feels similar pressure from other countries.
Russian password-cracking company Elcomsoft has released new software that can in some instances figure out the password used to encrypt backed-up iPhone data.
Google's Android was expected to become the world's second most-used smartphone OS by 2012, after the Symbian OS, but now accelerating sales will help it get there this year, according to analysts.
We're probably as sick of writing about the iPhone as you are of reading about it. But news about the folks at Tap Tap Tap -- the developer behind the Camera+ iPhone app — submitting a cool update to Apple was too good not to share!
The Commonwealth Bank (CBA) released a new iPhone app yesterday that it says will revolutionise the property market in Australia and change how home buyers will search for a property.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Pixel demand is higher than expected, with some pre-orders being pushed back to November
- Beleaguered Samsung now fending off reports of Galaxy S7 Edge phones catching fire
- New Samsung loyalty program hints that the Note line may not be dead after all
- Google's Pixel XL is much easier to repair than the Nexus 6P
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCProject SchedulerWA
- TPSoftware Engineer - C++QLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML5/Java/Oracle) 161031/P/551Asia
- FTSenior Java ProgrammerWA
- TPPHP Junior Developer/ProgrammerQLD
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCQuality Assurance LeadNSW
- TPSenior Analyst|Progress ProgrammerQLD
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCAX Functional SupportQLD
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCBusiness Case Developer - GovernmentNSW
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT roleNSW