The exploit used to jailbreak Apple's newest iPhone operating system is both "beautiful" and "scary," a noted vulnerability researcher said Monday.
Smartphones - News
Research in Motion (RIM) unveiled its first BlackBerry with both a touchscreen and a physical slide-out QWERTY keyboard at a New York City press event on Tuesday. The phone is also the first BlackBerry to run 6 OS. The Torch 9800 will debut August 12...
From a tech specs perspective, Research in Motion's new BlackBerry Torch smartphone isn't groundbreaking. Rather, its success or failure will hinge upon the strength of its revamped operating system.
If you can't beat them, buy them. At least that's what executives at Intel Corp. seem to be thinking.
When you have a product that has been successful for several years, but has fallen somewhat behind the times, it can be difficult to figure out what to change and what to leave alone.
German software vendor Cortado has added Android-based smartphones to the list of devices using version 5.0 of its Corporate Server platform that can access network printers and documents stored in corporate networks, the company said on Tuesday.
Research In Motion executives on Tuesday said the company isn't ignoring Flash, but continuing to work with Adobe Systems on bringing support for the multimedia platform on its mobile devices.
Watch out Apple. Android phones are now more popular than the iPhone when it comes to new buyers, according to a report released Monday by the Nielsen company. The victory is a milestone for Android-based phones; both proving that the iPhone's succes...
Now that the iPhone 4 has finally been released in Australia, we can turn our attention back to the Android platform.
The latest version of software that allows iPhone owners to install applications not approved by Apple has been released just days after the practice was declared legal under U.S. copyright law.
Apple's iOS, in the newer iPhones and the iPad, is now secure enough for many enterprise to deploy, according to a report from Forrester Research. But even the most recent version of iOS, in the iPhone 4, falls well short of the high security offered...
Hot on the heels of the U.S. Copyright office declaring jailbreaking smartphones legal, a new web-based iOS jailbreak tool has surfaced. The new tool makes the jailbreaking process leaps and bounds simpler than past PC-based tools.
Android took the top U.S. spot among smartphones shipped in the second quarter, according to new research from Canalys.
Between one and four million users of Android phones have downloaded wallpaper apps that swipe personal data from the phone and transmit it to a Chinese-owned server, a mobile security firm said today.
Some BlackBerry services will be suspended in the United Arab Emirates from Oct. 11 because the services do not fall in line with the country's regulations, the UAE telecommunications regulator said on Sunday.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- BlackBerry readies a more secure version of the Samsung Galaxy S7
- Android device updates: Nougat rollout begins for the Moto Z Play
- ZTE pays US$892M settlement to US over illegal sales to Iran
- Google Assistant learns how to read texts as its prime-time rollout continues
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCServiceNow Specialist - Administration and DevelopmentVIC
- TPTechnical ArchitectVIC
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- TPSenior Node.JS DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager - General InsuranceNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCPerformance TesterQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst AgileQLD
- TPProject Manager - Digital Banking ProjectQLD
- CCAutomation Test AnalystQLD
- FTDrupal Developer - SeniorQLD
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- FTNetwork Services ManagerQLD
- TPTechnical ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Network Designer - CiscoVIC
- FTL1 Application SupportWA
- FTDeployment EngineerSA
- FTICT Client Services ManagerQLD
- TPTechnical Analyst - 6 Month Contract - Great Rates Of PayNSW
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Change - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCVirtualisation Engineer - IP NetworksVIC