Sun continues to pursue talks with Apple Computer to have Java applications run on Apple's iPhone while acknowledging a third party's efforts toward the same goal.
Google joined a handful of other companies by announcing that it is delivering mobile banner ads.
Acer will likely launch its first smartphone near the end of this year or early next year and it will be a Microsoft-based device, the president of the company said this week.
Linux is expanding its influence outside of the world of smartphones, and is poised to take a significant share of the mid-range mobile phone market as well, according to a new study from ABI Research.
IBM demonstrated technology Monday that improves performance and reduces power consumption on chips used in devices from mobile phones to high-performance servers.
The month has been notable not just for some of the cool new products that will be hitting store shelves soon but for a few interesting prototype products.
Several major Apple resellers have dismissed online rumours which claimed the vendor's popular iPhone could reach Australian users by the end of June.
Opera this week added Google's Android to the list of platforms that can run its mobile browser.
Built for the Chinese market as well as export, the Cool G108 is a 'clamshell'-style watch phone with a 1.5-inch colour LCD display.
Nokia has begun publicly discussing what some are calling the mobile phone maker's biggest product response yet to the Apple iPhone -- a device with the code-name "Tube".
Nokia remains at work on its answer to the Apple iPhone, codenamed "Tube," a company official said on Monday.
The European Commision has opened the door for mobile phones on planes, introducing measures to harmonize the technical and licensing requirements for mobiles services in the sky.
Research In Motion (RIM) shipped 14 million smartphones last year, including a record high 4.4 million in the fourth quarter, the company said Wednesday.
Yahoo will open its mobile search to third-party content providers and let users search just by saying a term or asking a question.
While mobile TV and other emerging technologies attract big headlines, one of the biggest success stories for wireless service providers is text messaging.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 2 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 3 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 4 HTC One (M8s) review: Better value for money than HTC's flagship
- 5 ZTE Blade S6 review: A dual-SIM, 4G smartphone for less than $300
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- iPhone 7 rumour rollup: Apple's just going to have all the money, production revs up
- Five smartphones to look forward to
- Oppo breaks into 397 Dick Smith retail stores
- How to stop Apple Music from automatically renewing your membership
- Apple Music makes its debut with iOS 8.4, out now
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMedia and Communications AdvisorACT
- CCInternal Communications AdvisorNSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- FTPR & Corporate Affairs ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW