Consumer Reports magazine today said it won't recommend Apple's Phone 4 because of major reception issues when users touch the external antenna.
Smartphones - News
Samsung Australia will host two Australian developer days in August for its new Bada mobile operating system, the company announced last week.
The problem with Apple's iPhone 4 Facetime commercial is that not everyone has an iPhone 4, and that's just not happening.
Owning an Android smartphone means never having to say 'I don't know'
While the Pew Research Center's Internet & American Life Project stated that wireless usage is up in almost all categories, some groups are trending differently than others.
The U.S. International Trade Commission has launched an investigation into patent complaints filed by FlashPoint Technology, which alleges that four smartphone makers have violated three patents related to the digital camera functions in the devices.
Android is gaining on all the major smartphone platforms in the U.S., though it was only the fourth-most-used mobile operating system in May, market data firm comScore reported on Thursday.
Evidence is mounting that there's more FaceTime video chat coming in handheld devices, with reports surfacing today that the next iPod Touch, due this year, will include a front-facing camera.
It's unlikely that consumers' iTunes accounts were hacked by a Vietnamese iPhone developer, a security researcher said today.
News of hacked iTunes user accounts made headlines earlier this week, but it turns out only a very small fraction of users were affected.
Bluetooth is being primed to boldly go where it has never gone before.
Verizon mocked Apple and its new iPhone 4 in a New York Times ad this week. Promoting its flagship Droid X, Verizon's ad states: "Most importantly, it comes with a double antenna design. The kind that allows you to hold the phone any way you like and...
The hacker group known as iPhone Dev-Team apparently is close to unlocking iPhone 4 in order to run unofficial apps and to use other GSM cellular networks besides AT&T.
The Bluetooth 4.0 low-power wireless networking specification has been approved, and the technology will start appearing in devices such as smart meters and laptops later this year, the Bluetooth Special Interest Group said on Wednesday.
Research in Motion released BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) 5.02 today, an update that, in an unusual turnabout, copies a mobile management capability from the iPhone's iOS: the ability to manage corporate data separately from personal data. That ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Allo 2.0 update brings app shortcuts, GIF keyboard support, and several new features
- Pixel demand is higher than expected, with some pre-orders being pushed back to November
- Beleaguered Samsung now fending off reports of Galaxy S7 Edge phones catching fire
- New Samsung loyalty program hints that the Note line may not be dead after all
- Google's Pixel XL is much easier to repair than the Nexus 6P
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDrupal Developer - ContractACT
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSolutions Architect (Data Warehouse/Application Integration) - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTQA - Business Development Lead (IT)Asia
- CCUX LeadNSW
- FTInstructional Designer - eLearningSA
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectACT
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork and Security ArchitectNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Support OfficerWA
- TPTraining ManagerVIC
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- CCProject Manger - Minor Works ProjectVIC
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceSA
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- FTExcel SpecialistNSW