Samsung Electronics will ship a multichip package later this quarter for smartphones that will include phase-change memory (PCM), an emerging technology that could ultimately replace memory types like NOR flash, the company said Wednesday.
Hewlett-Packard plans to buy struggling phone maker Palm for US$1.2 billion.
Nokia announced on Tuesday its latest smartphone, the multimedia-heavy N8, featuring a 12-megapixel camera and HD video recording.
HTC's Dream and Magic smartphones accounted for almost all traffic from Android devices 7 months ago, but now 11 different devices share in most of that traffic. Google said in March that there were 34 Android devices on the market from 12 manufactu...
Gawker Media's Gizmodo knew it had a hot story when it gained access to a prototype of Apple's upcoming fourth-generation iPhone. But it seems likely that even the folks at the gadget blog could not have predicted just how much attention its series o...
A watchdog group that claimed a role in Apple's recent iPhone App Store porn purge claims there's still too much smut going around.
Following yesterday's announcements of the BlackBerry Bold 9650 and the BlackBerry Pearl 3G, RIM CEO Mike Lazaridis gave WES 2010 attendees a quick preview of BlackBerry 6 operating system. With cleaner graphics, a Webkit browser and some new navigat...
Nokia on Tuesday announced that the N8, its first smartphone based on the Symbian 3 OS, will be out in the third quarter.
At RIM's annual Wireless Enterprise Symposium, the company revealed two new BlackBerry smartphones, the BlackBerry Pearl 3G and the BlackBerry Bold 9650. The Bold 9650 is headed to Sprint on May 23 while the Pearl 3G will be available on multiple car...
Apple's next-gen iPhone? Source: Gizmodo.com California authorities are investigating the lost Apple iPhone prototype incident that made news earlier this week, according to a report by CNET News today.
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak wrote a guest post for Gizmodo recently claiming that Apple engineer Gray Powell was not fired for losing an iPhone prototype in March.
The smallest BlackBerry Pearl smartphones yet, the 9100 and 9105, will go on sale in May on various carriers, Research in Motion Ltd. announced today.
Acting on a warrant issued Friday, California police seized personal computers belonging to the Gizmodo editor who broke the iPhone prototype story last week, a district attorney for San Mateo County confirmed today.
The U.S. International Trade Commission on Monday said it will investigate a patent infringement complaint filed by Elan Microelectronics in Taiwan regarding Apple's multitouch devices including the iPhone and iPad.
Research in Motion Ltd. today unveiled technology that will allow voice over Wi-Fi calls from its BlackBerry smartphones.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- 34 per cent of global online transactions made mobile: Adyen
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW