Motorola Inc. is on track to have Android-based smartphones on sale in stores in time for the busy Christmas buying season, and will launch them with multiple carriers in regions around the globe, the head of the company's mobile device division said...
Smartphones - News
Vodafone will tomorrow launch its upgraded mobile 3G network to improve coverage under-served regional areas.
Now that the Indian Premier League is in full flow and Cricket mania is at a high, it is only obvious that the popular Apple app store will also begin to get flooded with applications that revolve around the gentlemen's game.
The Wall Street Journal reports as fact, not as "according to sources," that Microsoft has a multimedia touchscreen phone code named Pink. Microsoft and Verizon, the Journal says, plan to launch the phone and an app store early next year specifically...
Acer is already working on several different devices using Google's Android operating system and software, and plans to launch a smartphone using the software later this year.
Is it really a surprise that, right after the rumors of AT&T and Verizon pairing off start hitting the news (again), suddenly Microsoft enters the picture? Out of the blue comes news of "Pink" a supposed Microsoft Zune-phone to be sold by Verizon. Th...
Although the newly released Google Android 1.5 software development kit offers such features as speech recognition, developers must be aware of backward compatibility issues on older devices, according to the Google Android blog.
Microsoft has high hopes that a new speech-recognition application for the forthcoming Windows Mobile operating system will be attractive enough to draw people to the phone platform.
If one thing is clear from a flurry of recent new reports on Verizon Wireless, it is that the wireless carrier really wants its own iPhone device to compete with AT&T Inc.'s exclusive hold on the highly successful smartphone.
Nokia will layoff 450 employees as the Finnish phone giant refocuses its services to take better advantage of third-party developers, it announced on Tuesday.
Taiwanese mobile phone service provider Far EasTone is working with a "leading" local handset maker to develop two new smartphones that use Google's Android software.
The Sarah Jane Brain Foundation has vowed to keep demonstrating against Apple Inc. over the Baby Shaker application that appeared for two days on the company's App Store last week, adding iPhone carrier AT&T Inc. to its scorn.
Verizon is redoubling its efforts to persuade Apple to bring the iPhone its Verizon Wireless network. The iPhone could become available to Verizon customers as early as 2010, according to reports from USA Today. The move would put an end to AT&T'...
Samsung Electronics became the first major mobile phone maker to launch a smartphone based on Google's Android software.
The Android 1.5 Software Developer's Kit (SDK) was released Monday as expected, offering developers the means to write programs for the Android update coming as early as May in some locations.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- What happens when you send a text message to a landline telephone?
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Motorola looks to pair Moto Z for a dance with Tango
- Google may be testing out a new card-based layout for the Play Store
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumor roundup: Here's everything we know so far
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- CCIdentity and Access Management SMENSW
- FTChange and Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- CCProject ManagerWA
- FTPractice AdvisorVIC
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderVIC
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- FTExperienced .NET DevelopersQLD
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure and Systems SpecialistQLD
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- CCSupport OfficerSA
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCIngres DeveloperQLD
- TPBusiness Solutions Analyst - Legacy SystemQLD
- CCSenior Project EngineerNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA