Netherlands-based MVNO Lebara Mobile has partnered with Vodafone Australia to launch a new prepaid mobile SIM card service for local and international calls in the Australian market.
Smartphones - News
Mobile phones and PDAs may be loaded with more gadgets and gigabytes than ever, but a mountain of mobiles that adjusted for daylight savings a week early proved they can still be foiled by the tick of a clock.
Skype may launch a version of its mobile Voice-over-IP (VoIP) and instant messaging service as early as next week, according to a report from Om Malik of GigaOM. If true, the application could prove popular with cost-conscious iPhone users who'd like...
If Research In Motion opens its BlackBerry App World online store next week as rumored, it will be the second major mobile vendor to emulate the iPhone App Store and won't be the last.
Bookseller Barnes & Noble Inc. announced a beta version of a free e-reader for BlackBerry devices that allows users to purchase e-books much as they already can via the iPhone and other smartphones.
Michael Dell gave the strongest hint to-date that his company is developing a mobile Internet device or smartphone at a speech in Tokyo on Tuesday.
Apple's mobile-device user interface has made it so much easier to access the Internet compared to other mobile devices that its iPod Touch, which isn't even a mobile phone, beats out all mobile phones except the iPhone in terms of volume of Internet...
The cost of calling, texting and accessing the Internet via mobile phones while abroad is about to get cheaper for European residents, following an agreement Tuesday among lawmakers over the shape of a new mobile roaming law.
Toshiba will begin selling its first direct methanol fuel cell (DMFC) battery chargers later than expected after it ran into problems securing certain components for them, it said Monday.
Did software engineer Hanjuan Jin, who worked at Motorola for about eight years, steal thousands of confidential and proprietary technical documents to share with competitor Lemko and the People's Republic of China?
Palm reported a continued steep decline in its smartphone revenues for the quarter ending Feb. 27, as it nears the launch of the anticipated Palm Pre with Sprint.
Blackberry manufacturer Research in Motion (RIM) has launched a Web site for users of the smartphones dedicated to the latest news about Earth Hour.
Wi-Fi locator Total Hotspots and Rummble have joined forces to create an app that lets Apple iPhone users search for the nearest Wi-Fi hotspot from their handset no matter where they are in the world.
Palm's revenue plunged in its most recent quarter as the struggling company, preparing for the release of its next-generation device, sold 42 percent fewer smartphones than in the same period last year.
A new survey says millions of Americans expect to cut back on their mobile phone costs to save money if the recession continues as expected.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung blames batteries from two makers for Note7 explosions
- Low-end Android phones could get VR with new Imagination GPU
- Android device updates: the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are finally getting Nougat
- HTC's U Ultra flagship attacks the high end with a glass back, an AI companion, and a second screen
- The iPhone turns 10: Apple CEO Tim Cook promises 'the best is yet to come'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCIntegration DeveloperNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPSharePoint DeveloperVIC
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- CCData ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerACT
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerVIC
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW