Research in Motion (RIM) yesterday launched its first flip handset in Australia, the BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8820.
Research In Motion will give developers tools to build Web applications that work offline, expanding beyond the Java platform that has been at the core of BlackBerry applications until now, the company said Tuesday.
Google announced on Tuesday that the source code for its mobile operating system, Android, is now available for anyone to use free.
Apple Reseller Designwyse Australia has launched what it claims is the first technical iPhone training course for IT professionals.
Opera has added support for widgets to the latest beta release of its Mobile 9.5 browser. The release marks the second Opera Mobile 9.5 beta for Windows Mobile and the first-ever beta for UIQ-based phones, it announced on Monday.
Mozilla plans to release on Thursday an alpha version of its mobile browser today for Nokia's Internet tablets.
An uproar erupted when iPhone users discovered a so-called remote kill switch on their phones -- will it spur the same reaction in users of the G1, the first Android phone?
Mobile content creator Meganova BV has developed a program that enables iPhone users to easily share "virtual business cards".
The Australian Communications and Media Authority [ACMA] has proposed amending the law to allow the in-flight use of mobile phones.
Premier Media Group [PMG], owner of the Fox Sports Channel, has appointed m.Net to build a dedicated mobile site for Fox Sports Australia.
Apple has asked a federal judge to dismiss a lawsuit brought by dissatisfied iPhone 3G owners because they did not ask the company to repair their iPhones or refund their money, according to court papers made public Friday.
Zoho has added e-mail to its portfolio of Web-hosted applications for individuals and organizations.
RIM today unveiled the world’s first touch-screen BlackBerry device, the BlackBerry Storm 9530.
Telstra [ASX: TLS] has announced that the Australian cricket tour of India will be available live on Telstra's Next G mobile phones.
Toshiba is close to launching its first commercial direct-methanol fuel-cell device, which promises a faster way to recharge portable electronics products.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- 34 per cent of global online transactions made mobile: Adyen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC