Skype may launch a version of its mobile Voice-over-IP (VoIP) and instant messaging service as early as next week, according to a report from Om Malik of GigaOM. If true, the application could prove popular with cost-conscious iPhone users who'd like...
Smartphones - News
If Research In Motion opens its BlackBerry App World online store next week as rumored, it will be the second major mobile vendor to emulate the iPhone App Store and won't be the last.
Bookseller Barnes & Noble Inc. announced a beta version of a free e-reader for BlackBerry devices that allows users to purchase e-books much as they already can via the iPhone and other smartphones.
Michael Dell gave the strongest hint to-date that his company is developing a mobile Internet device or smartphone at a speech in Tokyo on Tuesday.
Apple's mobile-device user interface has made it so much easier to access the Internet compared to other mobile devices that its iPod Touch, which isn't even a mobile phone, beats out all mobile phones except the iPhone in terms of volume of Internet...
The cost of calling, texting and accessing the Internet via mobile phones while abroad is about to get cheaper for European residents, following an agreement Tuesday among lawmakers over the shape of a new mobile roaming law.
Toshiba will begin selling its first direct methanol fuel cell (DMFC) battery chargers later than expected after it ran into problems securing certain components for them, it said Monday.
Did software engineer Hanjuan Jin, who worked at Motorola for about eight years, steal thousands of confidential and proprietary technical documents to share with competitor Lemko and the People's Republic of China?
Palm reported a continued steep decline in its smartphone revenues for the quarter ending Feb. 27, as it nears the launch of the anticipated Palm Pre with Sprint.
Blackberry manufacturer Research in Motion (RIM) has launched a Web site for users of the smartphones dedicated to the latest news about Earth Hour.
Wi-Fi locator Total Hotspots and Rummble have joined forces to create an app that lets Apple iPhone users search for the nearest Wi-Fi hotspot from their handset no matter where they are in the world.
Palm's revenue plunged in its most recent quarter as the struggling company, preparing for the release of its next-generation device, sold 42 percent fewer smartphones than in the same period last year.
A new survey says millions of Americans expect to cut back on their mobile phone costs to save money if the recession continues as expected.
A programmer "hacking around" with the beta release of the just-announced iPhone 3.0 operating system has stumbled upon the feature that lets a notebook connect to the iPhone and share its Internet connection. He just can't remember how.
The ABC has launched a Web site optimised for mobile phones. On Monday the national broadcaster also unveiled news applications for the iPhone and Google's open source Android operating system for smartphones. Both applications are free to download a...
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo to integrate Amazon Alexa in Moto smartphones
- HMD's new Nokia 3310 turns back the clock -- and turns heads
- Huawei showcases new phones in Barcelona, gets mobbed by eager crowds
- Nostalgia rules as classic phone brands come alive at MWC
- Huawei's P10 camera-phone comes in more colors than the rainbow
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTelecommunications Services Manager - Voice/Data/UCQLD
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPWinforms DevelopersWA
- TPMobile DeveloperWA
- CCPMO ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Test AnalystACT
- CCDeployment EngineerSA
- TPTechnical Report EditorQLD
- CCSecurity Analyst - multiple rolesACT
- TPMaster SchedulerNSW
- FTConsultant Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSQL Database Administrator (DBA)NSW
- TPLinux Desktop Support SpecialistWA
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst AO7QLD
- TPUI/UX ConsultantWA
- FTProject / Implementation Coordinator (Junior-Mid Level) Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- CCFullstack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)Other
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC