ComScore Monday provided further proof that the mobile device is taking over our wired world. The metrics company says the number of Americans using the mobile Internet has more than doubled in the last year from 10.8 million in January 2008 to 22.4...
Smartphones - News
The Symbian Foundation plans to release a new version of the operating system every six months, with the first expected to appear in phones at the end of this year.
U2 frontman Bono described Apple's iPod in 2004 as "the most interesting artistic creation in pop since the electric guitar." The band built heavy ties with Apple, appearing live onstage with Steve Jobs and in Apple TV ads performing the hit single "...
Swedish company Mobispine has launched iSendMMS, an application that lets iPhone users send MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) messages, it said on Friday on the company blog.
Taiwanese smartphone developer High Tech Computer (HTC) plans to launch the HTC Maple in the U.S. next month to coincide with the International CTIA Wireless 2009 exhibition slated to start on April 1.
Apple is expected to preview version 3.0 of its iPhone software this week, prompting speculation that a new iPhone may be in the works for summer release.
We're already a quarter of the way into 2009 and the gadgets are coming thick and fast despite the recession that is gripping many countries.
Apple announced Thursday that it will preview a new version of its iPhone software on Tuesday, March 17.
Scientists at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) have developed a way to charge lithium ion batteries in seconds, instead of hours, that could open the door to smaller, faster-charging batteries for cell phones and other devices.
After years of growth, the global market for mobile handsets will contract by about 8 percent this year although smartphones will remain a growth area, according to a new forecast from IDC.
Microsoft on Wednesday revealed it will pay developers 70 percent of sales for applications they develop and sell on a Windows Mobile application marketplace introduced at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona last month.
Sales of smartphones increased by 3.7 percent during the fourth quarter last year, compared to the same period in 2007, according to Gartner.
Google will block an iPhone application that harnesses its Google Talk chat program to provide a free text-message service after too many users flocked to download it.
We're already a quarter of the way into 2009 and the gadgets are coming thick and fast despite the recession that is gripping many countries. This month it was time for new digital cameras with the PMA show in the U.S. and a couple of follow-ups from...
Some of the strangest things can show up on eBay. Take, for example, a seller who claims he has two iPhone prototypes to unload.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- What happens when you send a text message to a landline telephone?
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Motorola looks to pair Moto Z for a dance with Tango
- Google may be testing out a new card-based layout for the Play Store
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumor roundup: Here's everything we know so far
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Immediate Start - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Health Industry - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC
- FTUX/UI DesignerWA
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- FTSenior Project EngineerNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW
- CCSoftware TesterNSW
- CCUAT TesterQLD
- FTChange and Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- CCERP LeadWA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCProduct Manager - TV and MediaNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)NSW
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- FTSAP Finance Consultant (Consolidations)ACT