Optus today announced an Australian first: allowing prepaid customers to borrow $3 worth of phone credit when they run out.
The BlackBerry Partners Fund, launched earlier this year, announced its first investments in companies that support mobile commerce, help travelers and offer location-based entertainment information.
Nokia continues to push its gaming platform N-Gage, announcing new games at the Nokia Games Summit in Rome on Wednesday. More games and mobile phones with embedded support for the platform are needed for the N-Gage to become a success, according to a...
A quarter of UK legal firms admit that they have misplaced at least one mobile device containing confidential documents, a survey has shown.
A noted security researcher Monday warned users of T-Mobile's G1 smart phone that a critical vulnerability in Google's Android operating system could be used to hack their phones.
Owners of the Android-powered G1 handset seem more anxious to get things done with it than to play games, according to download statistics from the long-awaited phone's first few days on sale.
The Android Market currently has about 50 applications, but that number should go up next week when Google opens the market to developers.
Propelled by booming iPhone 3G sales, Apple on Tuesday reported strong sales and profitability for the quarter that ended in September.
Apple has no imminent plans to compete in the growing market for "netbooks," the small, inexpensive laptops that accounted for 5 percent of all US notebook sales last quarter, CEO Steve Jobs said Tuesday.
The first day of sales in the US for Google's Android phone hasn't quite echoed the frenzy surrounding initial iPhone sales, but a few hardy souls across the country got up early to buy the first devices available in stores.
Judging by the smile on Jacek Ambroziak's face, you would have thought he won the lottery. For him, being the first in line to buy a new G1 phone at the T-Mobile US store in Cambridge, Massachusetts, was better than winning the lotto.
Research in Motion (RIM) yesterday launched its first flip handset in Australia, the BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8820.
Research In Motion will give developers tools to build Web applications that work offline, expanding beyond the Java platform that has been at the core of BlackBerry applications until now, the company said Tuesday.
Google announced on Tuesday that the source code for its mobile operating system, Android, is now available for anyone to use free.
Apple Reseller Designwyse Australia has launched what it claims is the first technical iPhone training course for IT professionals.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Galaxy Note 6 rumors hint at IR autofocus, USB-C connectivity, new Snapdragon SoC
- LG shows off a smartphone display panel with integrated fingerprint reader
- Smartphone uptake passes its peak as industry appetite wanes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FT.Net Junior DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect, Financial ServicesAsia
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCEnvironment AnalystVIC