A quarter of UK legal firms admit that they have misplaced at least one mobile device containing confidential documents, a survey has shown.
A noted security researcher Monday warned users of T-Mobile's G1 smart phone that a critical vulnerability in Google's Android operating system could be used to hack their phones.
Owners of the Android-powered G1 handset seem more anxious to get things done with it than to play games, according to download statistics from the long-awaited phone's first few days on sale.
The Android Market currently has about 50 applications, but that number should go up next week when Google opens the market to developers.
Propelled by booming iPhone 3G sales, Apple on Tuesday reported strong sales and profitability for the quarter that ended in September.
Apple has no imminent plans to compete in the growing market for "netbooks," the small, inexpensive laptops that accounted for 5 percent of all US notebook sales last quarter, CEO Steve Jobs said Tuesday.
The first day of sales in the US for Google's Android phone hasn't quite echoed the frenzy surrounding initial iPhone sales, but a few hardy souls across the country got up early to buy the first devices available in stores.
Judging by the smile on Jacek Ambroziak's face, you would have thought he won the lottery. For him, being the first in line to buy a new G1 phone at the T-Mobile US store in Cambridge, Massachusetts, was better than winning the lotto.
Research in Motion (RIM) yesterday launched its first flip handset in Australia, the BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8820.
Research In Motion will give developers tools to build Web applications that work offline, expanding beyond the Java platform that has been at the core of BlackBerry applications until now, the company said Tuesday.
Google announced on Tuesday that the source code for its mobile operating system, Android, is now available for anyone to use free.
Apple Reseller Designwyse Australia has launched what it claims is the first technical iPhone training course for IT professionals.
Opera has added support for widgets to the latest beta release of its Mobile 9.5 browser. The release marks the second Opera Mobile 9.5 beta for Windows Mobile and the first-ever beta for UIQ-based phones, it announced on Monday.
Mozilla plans to release on Thursday an alpha version of its mobile browser today for Nokia's Internet tablets.
An uproar erupted when iPhone users discovered a so-called remote kill switch on their phones -- will it spur the same reaction in users of the G1, the first Android phone?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google is building its own smartphone, report says
- Report: HTC-built Nexus 'Sailfish' leaks reveal the undercard in the next Nexus lineup
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
- Rumor check: Everything we think we know about the Galaxy Note 7
- Windows 10 phones finally gain NFC payment support as Wallet 2.0 rolls out in preview
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT