The Nvidia Shield Tablet bumps up to Android 6.0.1, while the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge score the latest security updates.
Smartphones - News
Google's Gboard virtual keyboard for iPhone is designed to make your life easier with native Google search, GIFs, and emoji support.
Opera announced a special low-power mode for its browser, which promises to dramatically extend battery life through optimizations.
Once a bloated ugly mess, Samsung’s TouchWiz interface now offers innovations that Google ought to borrow.
The Droid line may also ditch all the black and red, opting for splashes of color and a rounded home button.
A new version of the Galaxy S7 looks like it’s wrapping up boot camp and will report for duty shortly.
Intel's Atom smartphone chip cancellations pull the curtain back on an ugly past in which the company shot itself in the foot with bad timing and ill-advised executive decisions.
Intel's Atom processor architecture will live on despite the recent cancellation of next-generation smartphone chips.
A strong camera upgrade and support for the latest charging standard could help Samsung's next phablet stand out.
Future smartphones may no longer need a dedicated button for unlocking the device or performing other actions with a fingerprint.
"New vendors would be well-advised not to rest on their laurels..."
Telstra will commit $50 million on new measures to reduce the likelihood of further disruptions to its mobile network following a series of outages earlier this year.
A new report from IDC tracks the tablet's ongoing decline, while detachable tablets like Microsoft's Surface rise in popularity. Now smartphone vendors are getting into the act, applying their mobile acumen to compete with PC vendors.
Virtual reality was the star of the show when Samsung executives took the stage this week at its annual developer conference.
There's also interest brewing in the tablet space, as the Nexus 9 has disappeared from the Google Store.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Pixel demand is higher than expected, with some pre-orders being pushed back to November
- Beleaguered Samsung now fending off reports of Galaxy S7 Edge phones catching fire
- New Samsung loyalty program hints that the Note line may not be dead after all
- Google's Pixel XL is much easier to repair than the Nexus 6P
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- TPProject Coordinator - IT projectsVIC
- FTSenior Java ProgrammerWA
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Specialist :SCOMWA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer in Test (SDET)QLD
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- FTAgile Tools and Methods AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- FTBI Developer-Micro-strategyNSW
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- FTSenior Perl Developer | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTProject Manager (HR, Payroll)VIC
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCSAP HANNA ArchitectNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | Django | Python | AWS | PostgreSQL | North Sydney NSW